Bikes Stolen from Sunshine Bikes, Fairfax- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bikes Stolen from Sunshine Bikes, Fairfax

From the alert posted today by Sunshine bikes:

Hi, Insiders,

We need your eyes and ears: early this morning someone smashed the front door of our shop and made off with five very nice mountain bikes (before fleeing and spilling what looks like painter or contractor materials all over the outside area).

Please be on the lookout for these 5 bikes and let us or Fairfax Police know if you see them, hear of anyone trying to sell them. All of them, especially the Turners, are very rare around here, and will stick out.

Please look at this photo gallery with descriptions of the bikes, photos, build specs and serial numbers, plus contact info for us and the police. Please help us spread the word in any way you know how - forward this email, send people to the photos, etc.

Thank you very, very much. It's hard to believe something like this can happen in Fairfax. Hopefully together we can track down these bikes, and more importantly, the people who stole them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=651865286d
    Last edited by Fairfaxian; 04-20-2009 at 04:33 PM.
    I like to bike.

Thirsty
    damn, that sucks. just saw all of those bikes when we were in there on Saturday.

good luck with the investigation. i'll keep an eye out.

Coors, the american beer.
    since when are turners rare, especially in the bay area .... seems like all the hipsters who had santa cruzes back in the day now all have either a turner or an ibis
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    since when are turners rare, especially in the bay area .... seems like all the hipsters who had santa cruzes back in the day now all have either a turner or an ibis
    These are 2009 Turner's with the new DW link.

mtbr member
    Yeah, those should totally stick out. Good luck getting them back.
    I like to ride bikes.

wait...what?
    good luck finding them. bike stealers sucksucksuck

mtbr member
    Kill All Bike Thieves!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

CSI Fairfax

This shop provides a great service for those of us lucky enough to be able to start and finish rides in Fairfax. If every one sends out the word using the long arm of mtbr we can have justice and show that its too risky to mess with the mtbr community; and by the way, we have your contractor supplies in the lab! "YAAAAAAAAAA....meet the new boss"

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Sounds like drugged / drunken Mexicans, I mean leaving a leatherman and paint??!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac
    Sounds like drugged / drunken Mexicans, I mean leaving a leatherman and paint??!!

kkk?

not so super...
    The pic on facebook of the white DW Sultan is mine! AFAIK it is still in my garage.

Maybe the pic was used as an example of what was stolen???

Sorry to hear about the theft.
    Nothing to see here.

Moosehead
    OP, if you haven't pinged them already, Turner and DT himself are vigilant about helping trace stolen bikes and can be a big help. Serial numbers would be key as well. If you need help stringing the bastaads up by their doodads, many here would be glad to help. Hope this has a happy ending.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    The pic on facebook of the white DW Sultan is mine! AFAIK it is still in my garage.

Maybe the pic was used as an example of what was stolen???

Sorry to hear about the theft.
    Yes its just an example. Our webguy probably just searched for a white Sultan online and used what came up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead
    OP, if you haven't pinged them already, Turner and DT himself are vigilant about helping trace stolen bikes and can be a big help. Serial numbers would be key as well. If you need help stringing the bastaads up by their doodads, many here would be glad to help. Hope this has a happy ending.
    We have contacted Turner already. The serial numbers are under the pictures in the link posted.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Pirates?
    AAARRRHHH that Sucks

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Zodiac,

How do you know they were hispanic, or Mexican, as you say, check your facts before you say make some out of the pocket statement like that. Like I said, you might be the perp, who knows, but you...Check your ****!!! It stinks!!! White folks are not painters any more? Come on now!!!

Zodiac spouts:

mtbr member

Zodiac, tell us, is ignorance truly blissful?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I apologize, it was not meant as a slur...It was not meant to be racially directed...my bad

Jan 2009

Who

Probably someone who knows the Sunshine and the area, had finished a few beers and ....

Moosehead
    any luck hanging this bastaad?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    What a drag.... I haven't visited this thread in a week and was hoping for some safely recovered bikes and executed thief(s) ...strung up by the neck, on a tree branch by a shift cable.... poetic justice ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I had an 08 RFX stolen last year. I talked to Dave Turner about it and asked if he tracked serial numbers and the answer was no.

So anyone buying one of those stolen bikes (without marketable title obviously) can go register it and not be ratted out.

I hope that some day DT changes this policy and starts tracking serial numbers.

Coors, the american beer.
    since when do bicycles have titles?

last time i bought a new one was in 2005 and i dont remember it coming with any sort of title, it was an 06 giant faith 3 from performance bikes in san rafael, ca
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

Members who have read this thread: 0