mtbr member
    Apr 2004

New question here. Bike wrap service in Bay Area??

Hey there!

Just got a new ride and looking into having the entire frame wrapped with a protective vinyl.

Does anyone in the SF Bay Area do this?

I know you can buy helicopter tape to protect areas of the frame and I've heard of the kits you can buy with the pieces and parts to do it yourself.

I would rather have this professionally done and would like every inch of the frame protected if possible.

Know of anyone who does this? Cheers!!

mtbr member
    Talk to Frame Up Bikes. Ron is a master at both auto and bicycle wrapping.
    East Bay Parks AKA East Bay Cattle Ranches

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Order the Invisiframe for your bike. It ships from the UK in less than a week and then you can install it. Its kind of a pain, but once you get the hang of it, it goes quick. And the finished product is top notch.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    deleted

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_510 View Post
    Talk to Frame Up Bikes. Ron is a master at both auto and bicycle wrapping.
    Thanks - I'll give them a call.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeez View Post
    Order the Invisiframe for your bike. It ships from the UK in less than a week and then you can install it. Its kind of a pain, but once you get the hang of it, it goes quick. And the finished product is top notch.
    Thanks. Yeah, I heard of this company and thought about it but I'm sort of ham-fisted. I can't even put on a stupid cell phone screen protector without getting bubbles. Haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by camus View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I heard of this company and thought about it but I'm sort of ham-fisted. I can't even put on a stupid cell phone screen protector without getting bubbles. Haha
    I understand, I was nervous when I did it. After you get the first couple pieces on, it kinda clicks and becomes easy. The fit to the bike is perfect and the stuff is as advertised.

mtbr member
    I know itís not what you were asking for, but personally I really like this stuff. Very strong (I think itís better quality than AMS... but may be exactly the same stuff for all
    I know). I rode my Enduro for 9 hard months and after I removed the tape it didnít have a scratch on it. Hoping the same for my current bike. Plus it $12 and comes with enough for two bikes.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Frame up will do it.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    I know itís not what you were asking for, but personally I really like this stuff. Very strong (I think itís better quality than AMS... but may be exactly the same stuff for all
    I know). I rode my Enduro for 9 hard months and after I removed the tape it didnít have a scratch on it. Hoping the same for my current bike. Plus it $12 and comes with enough for two bikes.
    Thanks man! Is that stuff perfectly clear? Any chance of it ripping off the paint when you remove it (I saw this happen to a friend's bike before).

mtbr member

Bike wrap service in Bay Area??

Quote Originally Posted by camus View Post
    Thanks man! Is that stuff perfectly clear? Any chance of it ripping off the paint when you remove it (I saw this happen to a friend's bike before).
    Definitely not perfectly clear. I think it would provide a textured matte finish.

I donít mind the look at all on my bike. When itís dirty it just blends in. A lot of people think itís something that came with the bike.

If not something that would wrap the full bike. But even if you did something like invisiframe, I would still put this on the downtube and possible the inside of the chain/seat stays for the added perfection.

Moderator Moderator
    I use this stuff on the downtube, rub points etc. Clear on the frame and very tough. 30ft roll is enough to do many bikes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Matias at 6Fifteen Cyclery in Blackhawk Plaza does it as well.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Chicks dig bike scars Whenever I see nearly perfect showroom condition bike it makes me a little sad, but I get the desire to keep the value and appearance up.
    I smile every time I look at one of my bikes and remember where I was when that frame scratch happened, at least after the first one happens because I'm always horrified when that first one gets laid in.