Bike To Work Day 5/9/2019- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Bike To Work Day 5/9/2019

I usually see some impressive routes on my Strava feed the day after BTW day. I always wish I would have prepared and joined in on the fun. This year will be different.
    My particular route being about 40 miles and 2200 ft of climbing (San Jose to San Ramon) each way will require some preparations. Im leaving my laptop and a change of clothes at the office on Wednesday so as to carry as little as possible.

A few years ago, I remember seeing Eric Colton ride from Santa Cruz to Morgan Hill (@Specialized) on a 100 mile route. I think he started at like 2AM.

Anyone else joining in on the fun? Whos got the longest, most ridiculous route?

mtbr member
    There's a group (cx/ht/fs) leaving from folsom towards the capital around 6am.

90% dirt, it's about 25-30 each way.

Should be fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Wish I could

mtbr member
    I stopped to say hello, and thanks to the volunteers handing out snacks and swag bags at a local train station. It leaves me with a good feeling to see so much goodwill around bike commuting on these days, the last few years.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    No epic route, but I rode dirt to work https://www.strava.com/activities/2354200716/overview. I had to ride into Golden Gate Park (on dirt) to make this possible, as my commute is a straight shot down Page St downtown. A little foggy-rainy in the park this morning, but perfect weather; I might make this a regular thing.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Rode to Oakland City Center to help with booth early this morning. Eat some pancakes, won a A's tote bag and then went to help out at our energizer station uptown. Finishing off the day with a ride to Drakes in San Leandro and then back to Alameda. Should be about a 25 mile day. Mostly flat but with a good headwind....ride safe everyone....

mtbr member
    Mine's anywhere from a 4 mile to a 102 mile roundtrip, depending on when I get off the train... or if I take the train at all. Today was the short version because of an early meeting.

Sorta like NYE for alcoholics, it's amateur hour!

Good to see all the energizer stations out, though.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    No showers at my work, otherwise Iíd be riding every day since itís only 6.5 miles one wayÖ and YES, I understand that I donít have to hammer to get there, but itís hard not to when I get on a bike.
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.