Bike rental - San Jose area- Mtbr.com
    OCD

Bike rental - San Jose area

Greetings all,

Looks like I may be heading to San Jose for business later this month and I hope to find a bit of free time to get in some biking while I'm away from the snow here in Canada...

Can anyone recommend a shop to find a rental bike? Ideally I'd like to find a shop where I can rent a Top Fuel or FuelEX (potential replacements for my existing Fuel90) but honestly I'll take what I can get, I'm just itching to ride!

Trail recommendations are welcome also, I'll be staying in Milpitas so I'd like to find something relatively close by. Singletrack is my preference, I don't mind climbs at all, the payback is always worth it on the way back down!

Cheers,

-Jeff

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Fuel EX rental

We have the EX 8 in 17.5 and 19.5 and the EX 9 in 19.5. PM me, call us or e-mail if you have any questions...

-James
    Calmar

Ancient Chinese Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by jsquid
    Greetings all,

Looks like I may be heading to San Jose for business later this month and I hope to find a bit of free time to get in some biking while I'm away from the snow here in Canada...

Can anyone recommend a shop to find a rental bike? Ideally I'd like to find a shop where I can rent a Top Fuel or FuelEX (potential replacements for my existing Fuel90) but honestly I'll take what I can get, I'm just itching to ride!

Trail recommendations are welcome also, I'll be staying in Milpitas so I'd like to find something relatively close by. Singletrack is my preference, I don't mind climbs at all, the payback is always worth it on the way back down!

Cheers,

-Jeff
    I think both Evolution (Cupertino) and Trail Head (San Jose) do demos/rentals. I believe that Trail Head demos Intense, like the 6.6. They also stock Specialized, but not sure if they demo those.

Riding in the E. Bay (Milpitas) is rather bleak. I'd go for Santa Cruz mountains, like Skeggs (aka El Corte de Madera). You can do some pretty good epics back there. Also, Waterdog Park in Belmont is good for shorter rides.

Feb 2004

bike rentals

Hello

Our studio does a rental service called BikeConcierge, have a look...

http://www.svcyclingcenter.com/bikec...econcierge.php

Costs more than a bare rental but we make it a LOT more convenient than most places.

Feel free to email or call me at contact info on the site if you need more info. Please do not PM I don't check PMs that often.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    May 2007

Trailhead Cyclery Demos

THC demos Specialized, Yeti, Ibis, and Intense. Yetis and Ibis bikes are best to set-up in advance because we get the bike in from the outside reps. THC has lots of Specialized and Intense demos available all the time, just call to reserve one. The demo/rental costs $75 per day(24 hr period) and if you purchase a bike from the store the fee goes towards purchase. Call the shop at 408-369-9666 for more details or to set-up a bike. We are also having a dirt demo(free bikes to ride) at the Soquel Demonstration Forest March 1-2. Hope this helps.

Sorry. We do have Ibis Mojos on hand. The new Yetis are best done by arranging ahead of time.

New info. This month we are charging $25 per demo.
    Last edited by kilosjmech; 02-12-2008 at 08:51 PM.

OCD
    Thanks for all the responses folks.

As far as hitting Skeggs goes, is it safe to go there alone or should I be concerned with things like large man eating cats or something? Pardon my ignorance, all I'm used to on the trails is the odd dear...

Who knows, I may try to get a bit lost but I'll bring a GPS receiver with me just in case.

James, thanks for the info on the Treks, I'll PM you.

Cheers,

-Jeff

Feb 2004

Skeggs

Only thing to be scared of at Skeggs is finding parking on a beautiful Saturday and the ranger with the radar gun

Never heard of any mtn lion issues in that area. I have seen bobcats in that general area but they are nothing to worry about.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsquid
    Greetings all,

Cheers,

-Jeff
    Rent a Specialized steed at Concept Cyclery in Morgan Hill, then ride Henry Coe--hey, you said you don't mind climbs.

Members who have read this thread: 0