Bike jump park in Santa Rosa?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bike jump park in Santa Rosa?

So I was driving in a residential neighborhood not far from my house, going up a hill in one of the expensive neighborhoods, and I look out and see a pro-quality set of dirt jumps. Perfectly made. Maybe 20 or so--the kinds that the big boys use.

I checked on google maps, and it appears to be in an open space area--I don't think it's on private property, but who knows. I won't give the location away, though if I saw it just driving by, I'm sure other people can too.

Is anyone familiar with this? Is it "open", or what?
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

Julie
    I live in Santa Rosa but your post is a bit vague to answer. Which part of Rosa is this? You might want to check the parcel maps at the Assessor's Office. Good luck with your research and/or poaching......

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by protecthabitat View Post
    I live in Santa Rosa but your post is a bit vague to answer. Which part of Rosa is this? You might want to check the parcel maps at the Assessor's Office. Good luck with your research and/or poaching......
    +1 a parcel map, or subdivision map will show the public right-of-way, and any easements on that parcel (i.e. access, landscaping or maybe even public utility easements).
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    The jumps are right next to Montecito as it goes up the hill (near the rural cemetary). I'd probably hurt myself on the jumps, but I was just wondering if they were built by someone on this forum who knew the story...
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    word. be careful everyone, i was at calabazas bmx park yesterday, we had to call the paramedics for this kid who ate it pretty hard. split his chin open, and most likely had a concussion.

we got him to lie down and stabilize his head/neck. luckily two ladies who were there w/ kids had a first aid kit, and another guy was able to use the sterile gauze to clean around the wound and apply a loose bandage to it (looked like it would need several sutures) while waiting for the EMTs to show up.

big thanks to San Jose Fire Dept for the quick response---hope he's doing ok today.
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma View Post
    The jumps are right next to Montecito as it goes up the hill (near the rural cemetary). I'd probably hurt myself on the jumps, but I was just wondering if they were built by someone on this forum who knew the story...
    One of my friends is living over near some of that open space. He has had some discussion and with the city and Carlos about doing something with the land.

There have been some problems or maybe just complaints, with people camping in those areas. The thinking is dirt jumps are preferable to junkies camping in the woods. Although what you mention sounds bigger than I thought was being discussed.