Best Skyline Park (Napa) Loop???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best Skyline Park (Napa) Loop???

For those of you who ride Skyline park all the time, what is the best loop up there where you ride all the best trails with little overlap? The only map I see online is:

http://skylinepark.org/skylinesite/i...ails&Itemid=49

If there is a better map out there floating around please direct me to it, also if you have a GPS track of said best ride, post or link to that as well. Thanks in advance for your advice!
    Ibis Cycles
    www.ibiscycles.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    If you park at the college or the golf course and take the trail from the side of the highway you can get in free. I think the trail is called river to ridge trail and it takes you into the park. From there I take buckeye and meet up with skyline then towards then end of skyline I take chaparral to marie creek to manzanita. Manzanita ens near the entrance of the park then you ride through the park to get back to river to ridge which take you back to the car. It's a nice loop.

old skool
    Dec 2009
    I like to enter from the golf course and then ride up Lake Marie road. At the lake you can take a left and go down Manzanita (make sure to take the mountain bike bypasses). Once at the bottom, I'd go back up the road and take Skyline or Bucheye back down. At the bottom of either you can easily hook back up with River to Ridge back to the golf course. Both loops are fun. If you don't want to climb the road twice there is a cool loop around the lake that starts at the top of Manzanita. I can't remember the name but you can go around the lake and at the other side you can hook up with Skyline/Bucheye or complete the loop and go down Manzanita. Manzanita is my favorite way down.

mtbr member
    what sort of mileages are we talking about? Looking to do like 20-25mi but not sure if that is possible up there without doing laps. Also, what is the elevation gain for such a ride?
    Ibis Cycles
    www.ibiscycles.com

Members who have read this thread: 1