Bear Valley- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bear Valley

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Bear Valley

Whatís riding good up in Bear Valley these days? Headed over from Tahoe for a little camping/riding/fishing/familying. Pretty familiar with trails and terrain. Thanks in advance.

Duck Fonald
    Call and ask!

https://www.bvadventures.com/

Then let us know
    ďThe further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.Ē

George Orwell

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I rode the Rings and some stuff just south of Bear down to Tamarack two weeks ago and it was great. All the trails were open and most where cleaned well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    All of the more popular trails in the Bear Valley lake Alpine area are cleaned and great shape right now with the exception of Odenn. I'll try to get out there and get it cleaned up by this weekend.
    If you want more beta, pm me. I'm living here now and ride or run pretty much every day.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladeekus View Post
    All of the more popular trails in the Bear Valley lake Alpine area are cleaned and great shape right now with the exception of Odenn. I'll try to get out there and get it cleaned up by this weekend.
    If you want more beta, pm me. I'm living here now and ride or run pretty much every day.

Good loop recommendations or whats your go to ride? Checked trailforks and there is a few trails, but I would love to get an idea of what kinda loops to do.
    Anything good to check out in the Arnold area?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I love to hear this too. More about the Bear Valley/high country trails (already familiar with Arnold Rim Trail).
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I can give tons of suggestions but it really depends on skill level and endurance.
    The adventure company is a good resource as well. If you are interested, I might be able to take you on a guided tour. It might even include trails that are not on maps.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Iím going to be in the area next week and would love to ride. The riding I have found is mostly xc which is good if that is your thing. For instance, I couldnít help but think upper rings should have some features. And no, Iím not going to build without some kind of permission or agreement from the local groups that ride there.The big rock ride coming into bear valley parking at the end of lower rings is fun. I just havenít found riding that interests me enough. Maybe Iím just spoiled with riding Santa Cruz and Pacifica after work.

I have thought about building on our property but, when Iím there I have stuff to do for our cabin and like unwinding with the better half. I guess I just need to cash out of Silicon Valley and move up there full time!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Lots of people are going to be up over the next couple weeks. PM me when you're here and let's get riding!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Bear Valley>Silvertip Campground on trail>jeep trail to Bee Gulch>Lake Alpine ( look for left turn before you get to highway)>up Lower Woodchuck(entrance marked with flags)> highway 4 to Cape Horn>little piece of Duck Lake Trail>left turn on unmarked trail around Lake Alpine south side>Osborn Ridge>up ski area road>lower Ring>Bear Valley. All on trailforks, but trail junctions are not always marked, so you gotta keep an eye out for some turns and trail entrances. That's a good ride that hits a good variety. Some hiking.

mtb'er
    ladeekus - any intel on Wolfboro getting any love since last Summer? It was pretty cluttered with downed trees last July.

https://www.strava.com/segments/7412967?filter=overall

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Not yet. Next on the list. Just cleared out the last of trails around BV and lake Alpine. Need to get down there with the saw.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I'll let you know when I can get to it. Maybe Sunday.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    How is the Arnold Rim Trail and surrounding area for cycling? How about the east side off of Ebbetts Pass? It looks very tame but maybe there is an opportunity there? I am open to dirt road/gravel riding. I have been eyeing vacation homes in Arnold and Bear Valley for a while now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    ART is great but it can get hot in the summer. East side of Ebbetts I have not explored much. Noble canyon is fun and there are a few logging and mining roads I've done. Maybe someone else can add more too that.

Last edited by ladeekus; 1 Week Ago at 12:13 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Thanks again for showing us around. I should be coming up again in a week or so.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    You're more than welcome. See you again soon!