BASS LAKE *(Oakhurst)/ YOSEMITE trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

BASS LAKE *(Oakhurst)/ YOSEMITE trails?

so im from So.Cal but am going up camping near BASS LAKE, its about 45 min to 1 hr south of YOSEMITE i guess, i dont know the area, and want to bring my bike to ride some trails. anyone from there? can you suggest anything?
    i've never been up there, so if you're suggesting trails, please let me know address of the nearest store or something where it would start, so i know where to drive/park?
    thanks in advance

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'm lousy to search to give pointer to website with nice descriptions, but here is Goat trail starting from the campground at Forks and at the south lake there is 007 trail. just don't make mistake we did and try to shuttle it (unless of course you have dedicated shuttling person who will drive back while you riding.)

Also if you camping on the west side and wonna do 007, drive around north side of the lake, since there is no connection across the dam on the south.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    007 (easy), Goat mountain (intermediate), and Willow Creek (advanced) are all right there. Go to the bike shop in Oakhurst behind the McDonalds and get a map. Their website also describes these trails:

http://www.yosemitebicycle.com/

U sayin' Bolt ?
    If you are coming up on 41, after you make a right onto road 222 go down about 5 minutes or less and on the left side you will see a trail head and small dirt parking lot.( if you get to The Pines you went too far) Not sure what its called but the trail is long, shady, wide and quite steep also there is a sweet little multi-level waterfall area right there to cool off in.

Members who have read this thread: 0