Auburn slowpoke pics (5/6)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr dismember

Auburn slowpoke pics (5/6)

Today was a spectacular day, probably about 75 degrees, for a slowpoke ride at Auburn. UncleMTB, Cohenfive, VTT, a new guy Mroh, two young guys and myself set out to do a 25 mile-ish loop up Clementine, around Forest Hill Divide and finishing down the Culvert and Confluence. I think the two young guys discovered we were indeed slowpokes and we didn't see them after we got on the Connector. Or perhaps it was my fatherly admonition about starting on a 25 mile ride with no spare tube, pump or tools, after one of them got a flat a half mile into the ride and had to borrow everything, that drove them off But we did "patch it up" between us prior to them leaving.

I got some great video footage. Cohenfive was feeling pretty frisky after a few weeks of down time and he started us out like rockets on the Connector. UncleMTB took over on the way back around Forest Hill Divide and the Connector, Mroh led us down the Culvert and Cohenfive did a great job leading us back on the Confluence. Although he is very fast and quite skilled, Mroh seemed to fit in very well and he is welcome to join the slowpoke group anytime. Since we were moving pretty fast once I put on the helmet cam I didn't take very many photos. Below are most of what I got.

Obligatory bridge shot

Beautiful day

Young guy1, Young guy2, Mroh, VTT, Cohenfive, UncleMTB

Flat at a scenic spot

VTT, Cohenfive

Cohenfive

VTT

Cohenfive

Out of focus Mroh (he's too fast)

River looked great

Cohenfive, VTT, Mroh

Obligatory UncleMTB and Glomar shot

Cohenfive, your Dorkiness, Mroh

Feeling a little taller
    Looks like you guys had quite some fun!
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

VTT
    mtbr member
    Great Birthday party!!
    It was a really nice ride, The up and down were a little "cardio challenging" at times but the scenery and the riding buddies made up for it. I really like the last trail we were on with the technical challenges at some places and the sound of the river to the left (I never looked left )
    Steve, thanks for the pictures and the invitation...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the great ride. I really enjoyed meeting all the new guys and its always great to get a ride in with VTT. Auburn is one of my favorite places to ride.

Hopefully I can hook up with you guys for an Annadel ride. Unfortunately, next weekend is probably out for me.

--Marty

mtbr dismember

Video posted

The guys did a great job leading me around. The video is posted here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=189347

Bunny Hugger

... and if we just ... Another Good One

Happy Birthday, Steve.

Looks like yet another beautiful day for a great ride in NorCal. Your pix and videos are truly a Passion staple. Thanks.
    Hug the Bunny

mtbr member
    Hey, where's Mr. Cohen's S-Works? Is he afraid of getting some dirt on it?
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

MTBr ReMember
    Great ride...
    And more at the Big Boulder ranch last nite.
    See you at MayByTheBay if not at BillyCross.
    Tim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    great ride fellas....enjoyed the heck out of it. i went out well and finished well but was pretty well a mess in the middle....i have more work to do to get in shape. alain, thanks for the company on the drive up and back, the time really flew by.

as for the stumpy, i had a loose headset that i just discovered friday afternoon when i was cleaning the bike up. couldn't get it tight and didn't have time to take it to an lbs so brought the other bike. alain gave me a tip and i think it's better now. just part of new bike adjustments as it's only been ridden about half a dozen times so far. but it will be out next time i am, promise!!

steve, happy bday again and see you all soon...

mtbr dismember

Annadel next Saturday?

Bring the Stumpy to Annadel next Saturday so Bill will believe you actually own one. Unless you want to repeat Auburn before it gets too hot? But we need to make that ride at least 5 miles longer. Fortunately, you were fine at the beginning and end of the ride, which were the most scenic parts. You were probably too tired to remember but I tried to get you to redo that scenic section above the river near the end of the Confluence. I really had to do some work to get a good flow out of that in the video. Next time you take my direction or you get docked a days pay, and you'll only get second billing

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2 more pix...

i hardly took any pix on the ride--during the beginning and end i was leading, and during the middle i was struggling...but here are a couple:

1. through the meadow
    2. wherewolf with helmet cam (he hates these pix!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks a lot for letting us tag along. Ricky and myself (Kyle) had a great time on Saturday. Thanks a lot for the tube Marty; really saved the day. Sorry we left early, but we had a barbeque to host back in Davis.

-Kyle (Young guy #1)

Glad to Be Alive
    very nice pics
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

gimme friction
    Well, it looks like you all hit the weather and trail conditions just right. Nice pice, as usual.

What kind of bike is cohenfive on? I'm looking at the pics, trying to figure out whats up with that fork...it looks like the crown is mounted above the head tube.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Quercus agrifolia
    Well, it looks like you all hit the weather and trail conditions just right. Nice pice, as usual.

What kind of bike is cohenfive on? I'm looking at the pics, trying to figure out whats up with that fork...it looks like the crown is mounted above the head tube.
    the bike is a bmw q6.s fs bike. it uses the same sort of front end as their motorcycles. zero front end dive on braking. full xtr, magura disk brakes, and it folds up and can go into a car trunk. i will normally ride my stumpjumper but friday evening saw that the headset was loose and didn't feel comfortable taking it up to auburn until i had time to work on it. here's a better picture of the bike:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Bring the Stumpy to Annadel next Saturday so Bill will believe you actually own one.
    I'll be there Saturday. If you bring your helmet cam I'll show you some new tricky trails that will make for some good footage.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Bring the Stumpy to Annadel next Saturday so Bill will believe you actually own one.
    steve i think i know the answer already but any chance of a sunday ride instead of saturday?

gimme friction
    Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive
    the bike is a bmw q6.s fs bike. it uses the same sort of front end as their motorcycles. zero front end dive on braking. full xtr, magura disk brakes, and it folds up and can go into a car trunk. i will normally ride my stumpjumper but friday evening saw that the headset was loose and didn't feel comfortable taking it up to auburn until i had time to work on it. here's a better picture of the bike:
    Wow, very cool. And folding, too! That could be handy.

Hey, one more post and you will have 1,000!

mtbr member

Zon and I

saw you guys coming out on the connector around 12. Looks like you had a great ride. We did the same loop trails were awesome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive
    steve i think i know the answer already but any chance of a sunday ride instead of saturday?
    Don't forget, Sunday is Mother's Day
    Are you sure your wife will let you ride then?
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma
    she has a date....

mtbr dismember

He knows the answer

Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma
    He knows the answer, Saturday at 9:30.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Cool looking bike

Is that rear triangle design a URT?

Members who have read this thread: 0