Auburn B'day ride 5/6?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr dismember

Auburn B'day ride 5/6?

Sorry I screwed up my last post and it appears you can't change the title once it is posted. So I'm posting the correct date.

I'm one year closer to the grave this Thursday. Anybody want to do Auburn this Saturday (5/6) at 9:30 am? Last time I went it was below freezing. I'd like to get in 25-30 miles there before it becomes 100 degrees the rest of the summer. Of course since I'll be a year older I could be even slower.

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Sorry I screwed up my last post and it appears you can't change the title once it is posted. So I'm posting the correct date.

I'm one year closer to the grave this Thursday. Anybody want to do Auburn this Saturday (5/6) at 9:30 am? Last time I went it was below freezing. I'd like to get in 25-30 miles there before it becomes 100 degrees the rest of the summer. Of course since I'll be a year older I could be even slower.
    Very tempting I had a blast up there back in early December. It's been busy around work lately and there is a big possibility of being oncall all weekend. I'll have a better idea of how my weekend is going to go as we approach Friday, but it doesn't look good at this point.

So let me say this now in case I don't get to say it in person. Happy Birthday!

Caca pasa

I don't know why it's such a secret...

...but apparently, bigboulder is having his Auburn gathering this weekend. I think they're riding Auburn Sat. and Yuba Sun., with a big party Saturday night ( I'm making that part up).

I don't know why more hasn't been said about this, but maybe you could hook up with those guys...?

And happy birthday, you old fock.

fp
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    looks like i'm going to be in....got the boss's approval....

the knee feels much better this weekend. did a short ride with my son up in briones today (old briones road up to the radar towers, along the ridges for a bit and then back) and it felt ok. i've been icing it and this weekend it got a lot better. i was starting to get worried....

i'll be coming up from lafayette and will have room for another bike on the roof of my car so if anyone wants to carpool i'm up for it. looking forward to doing some sweating....

oh, and happy birthday steve--i'll let you beat me up some climbs this coming weekend...

mtbr dismember

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive
    looks like i'm going to be in....got the boss's approval....
    Great, hopefully a few of the regular Annadel slowpoke crowd will show up. Where is VTT? Meet same place as last time, the Confluence, at 9:30. I see another group is going out from there so parking may be limited.

mtbr member

we already....

Great, hopefully a few of the regular Annadel slowpoke crowd will show up. Where is VTT? Meet same place as last time, the Confluence, at 9:30. I see another group is going out from there so parking may be limited.
    reserved the entire parking area through State Parks....you guys will have to park somewhere else
    :p

VTT
    mtbr member
    So far it's a 50-50 chance of coming. My GF and I have something planned for 4:30-5:00. I will let you know towards the end of the week. Annadel was really great this past week-end and I enjoyed riding with you.

mtbr dismember

Come on

Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    So far it's a 50-50 chance of coming. My GF and I have something planned for 4:30-5:00. I will let you know towards the end of the week.
    Come on, you can do that girlfriend thing anytime. Soon it will be too hot to ride Auburn. And you haven't seen Cohenfive in quite a while.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Wherewolf

I'm in for the slowpoke ride. Haven't ridden with you guys, so I don't know how I rate from a fitness standpoint. I usually do the Clementine loop coupled with the connector trail and the FHDL, so I know my way back if I start to hold you up.

--Marty

VTT
    mtbr member
    Come on, you can do that girlfriend thing anytime. Soon it will be too hot to ride Auburn. And you haven't seen Cohenfive in quite a while.
    I am in. Cohenfive PM me with a carpool offer. I haven't seen him in a while, it will be nice riding with all of you again.
    Dick, let me know where to meet and the time. Thanks for the offer.

mtbr dismember

Great

Sounds like UncleMTB is also in. Haven't seen him in months. Want me to bring the helmet cam?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mroh
    I'm in for the slowpoke ride. Haven't ridden with you guys, so I don't know how I rate from a fitness standpoint. I usually do the Clementine loop coupled with the connector trail and the FHDL, so I know my way back if I start to hold you up.

--Marty
    sounds like you can 'go the distance' so to speak...should be a lot of fun. i'm the one who should be worried, have only done a few 'full' rides the past couple of months. this should be a ton of fun...

mtbr dismember

Suggestions to lengthen?

The tentative plan is to do: Clementine - Connector - FHD - Connector - Culvert - Confuence. Since you ride there do you have any suggestions for adding about 5 miles to this? Even if it is just a little out and back added somewhere in the middle. But I want to start up Clementine so my knees have plenty of gradual warm-up.

mtbr member
    You could start at the confluence -> ride up to the top of stagecoach to Russell Road-> descend the Manzanita trail -> back up stagecoach to Upper Stagecoach trail -> upper Stagecoach to Mossy Rock trail -> climb up to the Foresthill bridge -> over the bridge to the Fuelbreak trail -> Fuelbreak to Connector -> FHD -> Connector -> Culvert -> Confuence. Not sure but this would have to be over 30mi.

If you want more you can always descend Drivers Flat Road off of FHDL to Ruck-A-Chucky and ride up to the Western States trailhead and turn around. This adds a 3mi super fast, super fun rocky descent (and climb out) with another 1.5mi of good fire road to the WS trailhead. This addition probably adds another 8mi at least. Do everything and you are probably closer to 40mi than 30mi!

Members who have read this thread: 0