Arastradero Woodrat Trail- Mtbr.com
    Wēk Ss

Arastradero Woodrat Trail

I rode Arastradero solo this weekend on my Diamondback Mission. It was good, except for a few newb moments. Going up Woodrat totally killed me and I hiked the last leg of it. I was wondering, on a scale of 1-10, how hard it would rate for other riders, going up.

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    I'd rate it a 4.
    My presence would be the equivalent of painting lamb's blood on your frame, causing the "angel of crash" to nail me instead.

mtbr member
    Woodrat is a nice singletrack with cool switchbacks. I would rate Woodrat about 3 or 4. I recall the average grade is about 8 - 10%. In my opinion, any ascent above 8% fis very difficult for a beginner rider.

Keep riding and pretty soon, you will clear Woodrat without hike-a-bike.

Wēk Ss
    Thanks a bunch! I'll keep at it. I'd hate to see what you guys would rate a 10 difficulty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland
    Thanks a bunch! I'll keep at it. I'd hate to see what you guys would rate a 10 difficulty.
    10 would be subjective. I guess there are many climbs out there that require trial level skills to clean.

For a normal ride - my personal pet projects to clean without stopping are Oat Hill mine climb in Calistoga, and for shorter, less technical climb - lower Fir trail at Skeggs.

Members who have read this thread: 0