Anyone else dog tired?- Mtbr.com
    err, 27.5+

Anyone else dog tired?

2 days of sunshine, about 5 hours of saddle time, and boy are my legs tired

With all this weather mess as of late I have been putting in road miles and 1-2 hour rides. My legs are feeling pretty strong, but endurance is not quite up to snuff for longer rides. It is nice to get out on the trails, but they are a bit of a mess. Never thought I would come accross quicksand in the Bay Area, but today I found 2 sections that bore an amazing semblance.

Hope your legs are getting a good thrashing with this break in the weather

enter and win

not dog tired but...

I rode by a bunch of baseball games yesterday in the sun and the breeze and all those happy kids finally getting to play ball was priceless. It seems like any little shower now will not matter at all after the winter we've lived through. It's only water right?

new and improved

what endurance?

Quote Originally Posted by dscot420
    2 days of sunshine, about 5 hours of saddle time, and boy are my legs tired

With all this weather mess as of late I have been putting in road miles and 1-2 hour rides. My legs are feeling pretty strong, but endurance is not quite up to snuff for longer rides. It is nice to get out on the trails, but they are a bit of a mess. Never thought I would come accross quicksand in the Bay Area, but today I found 2 sections that bore an amazing semblance.

Hope your legs are getting a good thrashing with this break in the weather
    I can barely walk today. I did my 'normal' skeggs route yesterday, which used to be a challenge to keep around 2 hours... it positively kicked my ass yesterday. Thank god for granny gear and daylight savings, or I might still be somewhere on lawrence.

Ride on
    Jan 2004

Quicksand

Quicksand - were you riding in Wilder, or near there? I saw some unique sand conditions up there myself a while ago.

aka baycat
    2 days of consecutive riding FEELING it in my quads and suprisingly my shoulder and back, looking foward to hitting the pool today with this weather!

190lbs of climber
    Monte Bello and Canyon on the fixie day before yesterday and 3x Seven Springs at Fremont Older plus 3x the jump trail yesterday. My left knee hurts now.
    ye' old trailblog: www.most-excellent-adventures.com THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

jrm
    mtbr member

take advantage fo the weather..

gonna be a nice afterwork ride tonite..is it really 70....

err, 27.5+
    Quote Originally Posted by gunfodder
    Quicksand - were you riding in Wilder, or near there? I saw some unique sand conditions up there myself a while ago.

Not in Wilder, but only a few miles off of there as a bird flies. Simillar terrain. It was really bizzar. I tapped the soil with my foot and it wiggled like jello. I also ran through a couple of shallow looking mud boggs that turned into hub high wallow without warning. But it was nice to hit a few trails in the sunshine.

Members who have read this thread: 0