any chess players in here?- Mtbr.com
    iheartMTNs

any chess players in here?

jus wanderin if i might be able to get a game at gathering sometime.
    e
    "EPO can turn donkeys into horses!" function

190lbs of climber
    My dad plays way too much. He would probably be faster at mtb if he spent less time playing, though he has worked his rating up above 1900. yay for him
    ye' old trailblog: www.most-excellent-adventures.com THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

mtbr member
    Just a wood pusher here. My rating used to be between 1200 and 1300 but havnt played much the last few years.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    i was around a 1600......but i've found i'm gettin' dumber.....could be posting soooo much on this dang site instead of strategerizing defense against the ruy lopez open pawn field....whoa...did i just nerd out....ugh
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Groveland Trail Heads

Chum...

Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    i was around a 1600......but i've found i'm gettin' dumber.....could be posting soooo much on this dang site instead of strategerizing defense against the ruy lopez open pawn field....whoa...did i just nerd out....ugh
    You are starting to really scare me
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

mtbr member
    Sometimes the biggest "dumb-dumbs" are pretty damn good chess players. I would have to say that I fit into that category.

I even carry a spare chess set in the trunk of my car...
    Dude with a single track mind

iheartMTNs

Hey Northern California chess fans

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up about this somewhat singular chess event coming to town This is a rapid showdown between two of this country's strongest and most popular chess personalities. Hope to see you there

Heres a link to the events page for info: www.chessmastered.com (if your interested but unable to make it they will be posting the games on this site as well).
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories.

After an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse.

"But why?" they asked, as they moved off.

"Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."
    Ibis Cycles
    www.ibiscycles.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Wow, a 2 year old thread came alive. Chum strategizes the open Ruy Lopez? I better play the French against him! Anyway, look me up at Cool 24 hours if you want to play a chess game in between doing the loops there. J.L.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by JL de Jong
    Wow, a 2 year old thread came alive. Chum strategizes the open Ruy Lopez? I better play the French against him! Anyway, look me up at Cool 24 hours if you want to play a chess game in between doing the loops there. J.L.
    HA!....on top of not really playing for a loooong while...i am a sleep deprived zombie husk of myself.....

and if you play French I gotta hit the books and do some studying...i tend to leave my King exposed too early with that open "d" column....then i freak out
    Click Here for Forum Rules

iheartMTNs
    "chess nuts boasting by an open foyer," we've all seen it aye pelotonnissen?

An account of a (supposedly true) encounter with GM Jacques Mieses

Mieses was walking down the street one day when he was accidentally bumped into by a passer by. They both flinched and looked at each other. Recognising Mieses, the other fella smiles and says 'J'adoube'. To which Mieses replied sternly 'It wasn't even your move'.

iheartMTNs
    Is chess a sport?

Einstein referred to the game as the "the gymnasium of the brain." This topic has seen some fairly heated and humorous debate on the chess forums. Thought it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Sometimes when watching blitz games I'm reminded of ping pong. Anyway, the red shirt kid's touch is something akin to greased lightning and silk.

Members who have read this thread: 0