Another $5 a foot campaign to turn money into trail!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Another $5 a foot campaign to turn money into trail!

Support the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship in their mission to build more singletrack in the Lost Sierra, and get a chance to win a brand new Santa Cruz! New bike or not, you win either way with brand new sweet trails to ride!

Buy 1 foot of singletrack for $5 and you could win your choice of any complete Santa Cruz Bicycle! This won’t just be any bike; it will be decked out with a wheel set from ENVE Composites, and a Shimano groupo and Fox Racing fork of your choice. You will also be the proud new owner of a 1-year season pass for shuttle rides at Yuba Expeditions!

Follow this link to buy your foot, or multiple feet, of trail and your chance to win the Santa Cruz of your choice and a year of shuttles from Yuba Expeditions!
    https://org.salsalabs.com/o/2151/p/s...page_KEY=10546
    Last edited by huntermos; 12-04-2013 at 11:00 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009

In for a yard

Well actually 4 feet.

Torn between hoping you get a lot of takers and very few to boost my odds.

You guys do great work - thank you!

mtbr member
    You can't really expect people to just put a credit card on a this website. How about Google wallet payment option?

mtbr member
    If it makes you feel any better, here's the link to the official page:

Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship

I can assure you there is nothing shady about this organization or donation page.

Note: The donation link on the Sierra Trails page will simply take you to the same page linked by the OP.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    You can't really expect people to just put a credit card on a this website. How about Google wallet payment option?
    It's the site that they use. They've used it for 2 other $5 a foot campaigns, and they use it for all other online donations -including Core Memberships, and they've never had a problem with it. Of course, you can also contact them and ask for other options.

mtbr member
    I am certain there is nothing shady about them and the work they do is important (and I want to win a Santa Cruz)

This is about safety of your online payment. Paypal/google wallet give you a protection shield. Major sites get hacked, giving any financial information to a small site is too risky. Giving your credit card info on the phone is a little better, but not much. It will have to be stored somewhere unless they key in the transaction while you are on the phone with them.

mtbr member
    We are all big boys and girls here on the intraweb. If you don't like how a charity is doing business either don't patronize them or help them implement a wonderful fix on your own dime. The last thing they want or need is you *****ing about it. Put the cape away Captain Obvious, none of us need saving today.

before you ***** at me, yeah I have had someone try to steal my identity.... they then realized how much it sucks being me and actually paid me to take it back.
    To love me is to rep me, world domination is eminent/imminent/immanent.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzkil View Post
    We are all big boys and girls here on the intraweb. If you don't like how a charity is doing business either don't patronize them or help them implement a wonderful fix on your own dime. The last thing they want or need is you *****ing about it. Put the cape away Captain Obvious, none of us need saving today.

before you ***** at me, yeah I have had someone try to steal my identity.... they then realized how much it sucks being me and actually paid me to take it back.
    I guess you cannot tell the difference between customer feedback and patronizing. Its quite possible that they are not aware of customer sentiment about online biz since they are a trail advocacy group and not a high flying customer focused silicon valley tech company.

Speaking of obvious, using a secure payment will increase the amount of donations even if you account the higher commissions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I guess you cannot tell the difference between customer feedback and patronizing. Its quite possible that they are not aware of customer sentiment about online biz since they are a trail advocacy group and not a high flying customer focused silicon valley tech company.

Speaking of obvious, using a secure payment will increase the amount of donations even if you account the higher commissions.
    I'm not a decision maker at SBTS, I only support them as a member and do film work with them, so I can't make any changes. That said, the donation page isn't part of SBTS, it's hosted on SalsaLabs Nonprofit Management Software, Online Fundraising Software | Salsa which is a 3rd party platform who's only business is to assist non-profit organizations in fundraising and outreach -without charging commissions. I'd hazard a guess that they are pretty savvy with online security being that is what they do.

Thread derail over. Now buy some trail and maybe win a bike!

mtbr member
    I guess you cannot tell the difference between customer feedback and patronizing.
    Last, I checked this was MTBR, take your feedback to the company it relates to rather than oozing your dribble on a public forum, but then again guess you can't tell the difference either…
    To love me is to rep me, world domination is eminent/imminent/immanent.

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005
    New! Improved! Paypal! just for you, crozcountry (and anyone else who wants to use paypal or is otherwise concerned about online security)! Paypal link is up and working. buy some feet:

hold my beer...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Where the $ goes

First off, thank you for your continued support and believing in the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship, and enjoying the trails we work so hard to maintain and build. 2013 was another incredible and busy year for us, with 19 full time trail builders, including 8 students from our local high schools, we restored nearly 50 miles of singletrack and were able to build 13 miles of NEW trail.

Funding from the $5 a Foot campaign allows us to do a lot of great things for everyone that enjoys recreating on trails in the Lost Sierra region- most importantly, this funding allows us to leverage Federal, State and County funding, sometimes by as much as 1500% through in-kind contributions (volunteer labor, staff time, tools and equipment and travel).

For a nut-shell look at what we accomplished in 2013 and how we did it, click here 2013 Recap of Volunteer events | Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship

NONE of this would be possible without your generosity and continued support. Cheers!
    Another  a foot campaign to turn money into trail!-11087826013_b04daac36f_c.jpg

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Views, chunk, singletrack, paypal... warms the heart.

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Will definitely donate and lose the raffle. Will the new trails have jumps, features, and other grin inducing attributes? Not that the Buttes don't rock but it's the one thing that I wish was more prevalent. Thanks guys and keep up the good fight!
    Last edited by squashyo; 12-20-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: s
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I will definitely be buying some ripping singletrack! By the way, anybody up in that direction ridden the North Yuba recently? With the abysmal amount of precipitation we have gotten so far I'm thinking those lower elevation trails may be rideable.

mtbr member
    Please make the 5' I just purchased the awesomest ever.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Downieville

Downieville is still snowed-in and a bit on the chilly side. North Yuba Trail is definitely not open, but Bullards Bar should be nice. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
    Another  a foot campaign to turn money into trail!-downieville.jpg

mtbr member
    Quincy however is riding great, with lots of new trail recently finished or under construction. SBTS constructed new trails in Downieville, Graeagle and Quincy this year. With the help of our $5 Foot campaign we hope to see more of the same in 2014. Mills Peak and Graeagle should see some big changes soon! I'm headed out to ride Quincy now with Melinder. Hope you all get a holiday ride in!

Ronski

MarkyMark
    In for 10ft!

I had the pleasure of riding Mills Peak for the first time a few months back. It was pretty awesome!

Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
    Sep 2010
    I bought 2 feet, you guys want smooth or a small jump? I will be so pissed if the 2 feet I paid for are after a jump and no tires ever touch it!

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone for continuing to contribute. I hope some of you have time to come by and help build your section! Either way, we appreciate your contributions and the many suggestions we have received for new trail locations and designs. If anyone is in the Quincy area anytime soon the riding is great including some new SBTS built trail, and volunteers are welcome to help with the ongoing trail expansion project.

You have until January 5, 2014 at 8pm PST to help build some sweet new singletrack in the Lost Sierra:

Ronski

mtbr member
    edit: duplicate post, reposted with photo
    Last edited by ronski; 01-04-2014 at 05:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Other trail building organizations take note: the following picture represents the proper construction of an armored downhill section. Note the lack of high steps. This allows cyclists a fighting chance of riding up your armoring. Thanks SBTS.

I've noticed high steps on certain trails around Tahoe that would benefit from a re-design as shown here.

Quote Originally Posted by yuba man View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11087826013_b04daac36f_c.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	358.1 KB 
ID:	853707

mtbr member
    Another  a foot campaign to turn money into trail!-img_20140103_135825_223.jpg

The SBTS is busy at work this month cutting fresh trail in Quincy. Some other nice sections were hand built last month. Time is running out to join in on this great adventure by buying a few feet of trail, and maybe walking away with a sweet Santa Cruz ride! Here's the link to join in on the fun. Times up on January 5, 2014 at 8pm PST. We have some sick plans for the Graeagle area, so if you like Mills Peak Trail, get on board now:

ronski

Groveland Trail Heads
    You all are doing some incredible work!!! I bought some footage to help Not that I care there's a chance to win a new Santa Cruz bike... ha, ha.

We have a mtn bike club here in Groveland, CA- we're off hwy. 120, 20 miles from Yosemite, the Groveland Trail Heads. We're about to explode with trail building but can't announce anything until all the details are worked out. Though I can say we have 500 acres in the Stanislaus National Forest to play with once the NEPA is finished. That's just a piece of what's to come...

The rim fire impacted the timing on our project with the Forest Service here in Groveland. Though the fire burned so many acres it left our 500 acres alone! I can't tell you how lucky that is Or maybe it was just meant to be saved for mtn bike specific trails We're a Chapter of IMBA and asked for their help...

I'd like to come out to you all and see what you're doing firsthand... incredible stuff you all are accomplishing.

Here's our club's website www.grovelandtrailheads we also have a FB page. Check us out when you all have time. Mtn bike trails everywhere is my dream
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

mtbr member
    BOOM! Another 10 feet. Ill take a V-10, thanks

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005
    Down to the final 11 hours here kids! Send this one out in style, and ride the new year in even more style!:

hold my beer...