mtbr dismember

Annadel Saturday (5/13)

Annadel Saturday (5/13), 9:30 am!

VTT
    mtbr member
    I'll see you there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    slim chance i'll be there--but non zero. i had another thing scheduled with my wife and some of our friends (group road ride up near pt reyes) but my wife may be jammed up on business....if so then i'd be freed up to ride with you fine fellas...that would be unfortunate wouldn't it!!

i won't know until the last minute--alain i'll let you know if i can make it. i think i have the front end of the stumpy better sorted out but wouldn't mind an expert opinion. i need to work on the brakes...

mtbr member
    I'll see you there. Steve, if you bring your video cam I'll show you some interesting trails that you haven't seen. They'd look pretty good on video. Lots of opportunity to film someone crashing.

I suppose I'll show them to you even if you dont' bring the video.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr dismember

No video this time

Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma
    I'll see you there. Steve, if you bring your video cam I'll show you some interesting trails that you haven't seen.
    Since we will be doing this again in just two weeks for MBTB I think I should wait until then. We can scope it out this week. These are legal I presume?

aka baycat
    Rough go?

I discovered two quarry last sunday and had a blast going down that!

mtbr member
    These are legal trails, but they're not on the maps because they're not officially part of Annadel. They are the boundry trails between Annadel and Spring Lake regional park. One of them used to be a fire road, but it has been abandoned, so years of run-off has turned into a technical. They start about 3/4 of the way down Cobblestone.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    These are legal trails, but they're not on the maps because they're not officially part of Annadel. They are the boundry trails between Annadel and Spring Lake regional park. One of them used to be a fire road, but it has been abandoned, so years of run-off has turned into a technical. They start about 3/4 of the way down Cobblestone.
    bill, is this some of the stuff you took me on last year?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive
    bill, is this some of the stuff you took me on last year?
    No, that was Rough Go. Rough Go is fun, but it earns its name. On rough go a lot of times there's no "line", you just gotta take a beating until the next smooth spot.

The boundry trails are a bit more like Downieville, but much shorter.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr dismember

Rough Go

Rough Go is fun, but it earns its name. On rough go a lot of times there's no "line", you just gotta take a beating until the next smooth spot. The boundary trails are a bit more like Downieville, but much shorter.
    Since I got the Stumpjumper Rough Go has become my favorite trail and I take the biggest rocks I can find. For the last several months I've been going down Rough Go and Cobblestone twice each ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Since I got the Stumpjumper Rough Go has become my favorite trail and I take the biggest rocks I can find. For the last several months I've been going down Rough Go and Cobblestone twice each ride.
    I think Cohen5 was reffering to the lower part of Rough Go that lets you out on Canyon Trail, near the bridge. We usually turn off of it and onto cobblestone (and back toward the Channel Drive side of the park). If you follow Rough Go all the way down you end up on the far west side of the park. It's fun.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    I'll be at Annadel with a crew on Saturday, but we'll start later. Maybe we'll run into you guys, though. We'll be the ones squinting at the printout of Wherewolf's map.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    hey wherewolf- et al, i rode the park last tuesday a.m. it was m.t. rode ridge, it was absolutely stunning. watch out for the indian toilet paper ( poison oak ). the upper part is fast with no dust. have a ball!!

mtbr dismember

Be cool

Quote Originally Posted by norton55
    ... watch out for the indian toilet paper ( poison oak )....
    I'm not making a big deal about this, but please think about such things before you say them.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    hey wherewolf, you are right. i didn't mean to offend anybody. i was just a bad joke.

Members who have read this thread: 0