5th Annual Marin Mountain Metric Century- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

5th Annual Marin Mountain Metric Century

Another NorCal BTCEB Epic! If you can handle the miles, definitely check this one out!

SUN JUN 27th
    Ride Rating: T5/S10/O9 (very advanced)
    5th Annual Marin Mountain Metric Century
    Approximately 70 miles with almost 10,000' of climbing.This is the big one. We will do the same route as last year, which goes from Fairfax to Wildcat Beach in Pt. Reyes. Major climbs include: Mt. Tam (via Eldridge), Fir Top (Stewart trail, twice), Bolinas Ridge (via Naked Lady), San Geronimo Ridge (via 16 Knolls). Singletrack includes: Olema Valley Trail (5 miles) and Tamarancho (3 miles). Route subject to change. All riders must have a Tamarancho Pass. (Purchase a day pass, online, for $5, and print it out on your own printer, at www.boyscouts-marin.org ). Bring a large lunch, and at least 6 powerfood items. There are no stores on the route. There will be long distances without access to water, so suggest not less than 100 ounce camelback and 1 or 2 waterbottles. Fit, independent riders only. Lots of stops with moderate pace. Some opportunities for pavement bailouts. Bring maps if not familar with the area. Starts at 8am at Deer Park school, Fairfax. Leaders: Danny Forer ([email protected]) and Joe (Ibis) Towbis ([email protected])

Feb 2004
    sounds like fun. After this years De La Marin this will be a joy ride.

Seaside stand up!
    This sounds like a blast, but I'm trying to figure out if I'm up to snuff. How many riders to you get? I just did the Sequoia Century (road) 100 miles and my Suunto counted over 10,000ft. My road bike weighs 12lbs less than my MTB, so 70 miles with you guys just might finish the job of ripping my legs off.......After a few beers I'm sure I'll go online and buy my pass, then start packing up to go next week. Gotta love liquid courage!
    antonio

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Damn!!!

It hurt my legs just by reading the route. Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could go but don't have the stamina for it.

mtbr member
    Should be fun! I can't make it myself this year unfortunately. I'll be at the Cascade Creampuff 100 this weekend. (Wo0t! Can't wait!)

At the BADD ride a few weeks ago we had about 18 people. BADD ride last year, about 24. I lead a Mt Tam/Marin Epic (55 miles) a couple months ago and had 26 riders start (5 finish).

So I would say to expect between 15-25 riders in the group. It looks like a tough route. 70 miles and 10k' ele gain. The Creampuff this weekend is 100 miles, 18k' ele gain.

Feb 2004
    Hey D.Ambrose,

Good luck at the creampuff man! I wanna go next year.

WWYD?

Hey D...

What time does this start? I'm assuming at around the crack of dawn. But could you post?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    I think they may have mentioned 8am, but I would email the ride leaders to make sure, for any other questions, and to RSVP:

Danny Forer ([email protected]) and Joe (Ibis) Towbis ([email protected])

--

David Ambrose
    BTCEB Group Ride Coordinator

--

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Ambrose
    I think they may have mentioned 8am, but I would email the ride leaders to make sure, for any other questions, and to RSVP:

Danny Forer ([email protected]) and Joe (Ibis) Towbis ([email protected])

--

David Ambrose
    BTCEB Group Ride Coordinator

--
    Hey! good luck and have fun at CC100, Thanks for the heads up on the ride here in Marin.
    Looks like something I can do before I go to work.