It's about showing up.

The 5th of 6 Master Plan Review meetings in Dublin Wednesday, 7:30 PM

The 5th of 6 Master Plan Review meetings is coming up:
    This Wednesday evening, October 3,
    7-8:30 PM
    Dublin Unified School District Board Room
    7471 Larkdale Ave.
    Dublin 94568

If you live close by, stop in and make a contribution. As comments collected throughout the evening are announced later, the more comments we make concerning our issues the better our PR. Local equestrains and hikers could be a presence.

These are the kinds of comments we need to make:

1. Express your support for the proposed change to the Master Plan, indicating the District will provide more dedicated and shared use narrow trails.

2. Ask the Board to add language to the Master Plan indicating a goal to provide more equivalent, narrow-trail experiences for mountain bikers on existing trails as well as new ones. This needs to be done to reflect demographics of the District, which have changed dramatically since the last revision of the Master Plan.

3. Let the Board know that Ordinance 38, which controls trails usage, needs to evolve along with the demographic to eliminate the rule prohibiting bikes on narrow trails, and that this needs to be done soon after the Master Plan is adopted.

4. Ask the Board to continue to encourage more participation from the public in their work, including efforts to prepare this Master Plan. We all benefit

5. Encourage better bicycle connections between individual parks.

6. Encourage more convenient access points to parks to get our Norcal friends off of city streets for their rehearsals.

7. Encourage the development of IMBA quality trails.

8. Encourage the development of good trail loops in parks.

9. Encourage the education of all trail users to stay to the right, not stop in the middle of a trail or at Gates or at blind corners.

10. Encourage the responsibility of all trail users to be aware that they are sharing trails and must pay attention.

11. Encourage the Trail Maintenance crew that narrow trails do not need a bulldozer like a fire road.

We are almost through this. Step up, neighbors. And wear your colors if you have them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 5th of 6 Master Plan Review meetings in Dublin Wednesday, 7:30 PM-dublin-hills.jpg  

The 5th of 6 Master Plan Review meetings in Dublin Wednesday, 7:30 PM-mike7963251380_de051fcd31_ke.jpg  

Last edited by Berkeley Mike; 10-02-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    I don't rattle.

It's about showing up.
    The Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay, as a part of its 7PM General Meeting tonight at the Palatial Round Table Pizza in Lafayette, will reveiw the Master Plan meetings to date, and further plot ansd scheme.
    I don't rattle.

It's about showing up.
    Our discussion revealed that our Treasurers 5 year old said he wanted:

12. More bumpy trails in my neighborhood."

From the mouth of babes....
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Mike - is there a general summary of how things have been going at these meetings?

It's about showing up.
    Each of the 4 previous meetings has been reviewed here in the NorCal Forum. Sample here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/california-no...am-815837.html

With the exception of assorted regional issues, these meetings seems to work as above.
    I don't rattle.

It's about showing up.
    About 80 folks attended, again supported by about 20 staff, and gave comments listed on pads which were read at the end of an hour. No dog or horse people. OHV folks are refining their comments but continue to receive as much opposition as ever.

1 comment to keep mtb off of single track but many more to include us, with about 6 mountain bikers present (great to meet you all!), and change Ordinance 28 which directs the parks actual control of bikes.

Next, and the last, meeting is in Richmond:

October 9, 2012
    7 - 8:30 p.m. - Richmond
    Richmond Memorial Auditorium
    Bermuda Room
    403 Civic Center Plaza
    Richmond, CA 94804
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 5th of 6 Master Plan Review meetings in Dublin Wednesday, 7:30 PM-121003masterplandublin5107be.jpg  

Last edited by Berkeley Mike; 10-03-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Mike, it was good to meet you. Ken Clarke was the only OHV person I knew from the Oakland meeting. Once I told him you represented mtn bikers, he wanted to go over and meet with you.

I was very late (unavoidable) getting to the meeting and just had time to listen to the comments and fill out a comment card.

This meeting location was the closest to the Carnegie OHV area, so I knew it would be packed full of pro-ohv and NIMBY people.

Reading the comments was almost all:
    "Open the Tesla section of the Carnegie OHV area"
    "Tesla should be made into a park" (Hot dry dusty muddy, you' never go twice)

Tesla is really a sad distraction from what to do with the 112,000 acres that actually belong to EBRPD, not the State SVRA (OHV) department. The political connection stink from this action is starting to be very clear. Possible violations of the Brown Act in field trip to the property might result in EBRPD want to really distance them from this fight.

It's about showing up.
    Good to meet you, too. I think direct questions about the machinations and influence need to be prominent in the comments before going any further.
    I don't rattle.

Members who have read this thread: 0