2015 Bay Area MTB Festivals?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2015 Bay Area MTB Festivals?

Is there a site with a consolidated listing of local(ish) MTB festivals? Or just general bicycle festivals?

We just had Sea Otter, which was great fun. I took my family and my kids did the kids race and had a blast.

Marin Biketoberfest, in uh.. October.

I saw something about a Silicon Valley bicycle festival in San Jose this weekend (but we're already heading to the zoo that day).

Anything else? Thanks!

mtbr member
    San José Bike Party | Building Community Through Bicycling

https://eastbaybikeparty.wordpress.com/

San Francisco Critical Mass

http://sfbikeexpo.com/

Whistler BC Canada | Crankworx Whistler | Tourism Whistler

Okay, that last one was just a teaser (not local). I went there for the first time last year... Crankworkx is a far smaller venue than Sea Otter... but the races and contests are more intimate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    San José Bike Party | Building Community Through Bicycling

https://eastbaybikeparty.wordpress.com/

San Francisco Critical Mass

San Francisco Bike Expo - Race, Ride, Culture & Vibe

Whistler BC Canada | Crankworx Whistler | Tourism Whistler

Okay, that last one was just a teaser (not local). I went there for the first time last year... Crankworkx is a far smaller venue than Sea Otter... but the races and contests are more intimate.
    Thanks ron m! Not quite what I was looking for, but thanks for replying all the same. I'm hoping for more family friendly type events (my kids are 9yo and younger).

YESBRO!!!
    We're looking to get demo truck to the Mendocino MTB Madness weekend in Ft Bragg this year. We may actually already have a couple lined up. Does that count? Oh and beer. Lots of beer.

mtbr member
    Sonoma County will be hosting their first Ciclovia (open streets) in Roseland on August 9, 2015 from 11-3pm along Sebastopol Rd, from Dutton to Stony Point.

There will be more info soon at Sonoma County Roseland Ciclovía | Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Ambrose View Post
    Thanks ron m! Not quite what I was looking for, but thanks for replying all the same. I'm hoping for more family friendly type events (my kids are 9yo and younger).
    The SF Bike expo has some kid-friendly activities. It only takes up half the space of Cow Palace so don't expect much in terms of scale... but if you're a bike geek, I think there's really good deals there (than Sea Otter).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    The SF Bike expo has some kid-friendly activities. It only takes up half the space of Cow Palace so don't expect much in terms of scale... but if you're a bike geek, I think there's really good deals there (than Sea Otter).
    Maybe we'll check that one out. Thanks!

And thanks everyone else too!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Ales and Trails @ China Camp is always a good time. Pretty small event but they have a kids race, lots of bike demos and an awesome BBQ and solid beer garden. It's more like a big picnic centered around mtn biking. Definitely very kid friendly and fun for the whole family.

They haven't updated the site for 2015 yet.
    Ales and Trails

tastes like chicken

No Ales and Trails this year

Quote Originally Posted by IrieRider View Post
    Ales and Trails @ China Camp is always a good time. Pretty small event but they have a kids race, lots of bike demos and an awesome BBQ and solid beer garden. It's more like a big picnic centered around mtn biking. Definitely very kid friendly and fun for the whole family.

They haven't updated the site for 2015 yet.
    Ales and Trails
    I got a note to my inbox from IMBA California saying that they will no longer be doing an Ales and Trails this year:

11 Years of Fun and Fundraising!

Ales and Trails has brought us together to support IMBA's advocacy work in Northern California, bolster the budget, recognize outstanding volunteers, ride and of course enjoy some mighty fine beer.

After 11 great years, IMBA's leadership in Northern California has decided it's time to change things up. As we say farewell to Ales and Trails, we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your involvement and look back at the successes of the event.

Together we accomplished so much:

▪ We raised more than $55,000 for IMBA's advocacy efforts in Northern California!

▪ We brought together more than 4,500 riders, advocates and industry representatives from 80 cities in the greater bay area to network and discuss issues facing the trails community.

▪ We recognized 61 IMBA Local Hero's with $25,000 worth of gifts.

▪ We rode 20,000+ miles of sweet single track.

▪ We consumed more than 120 kegs (yes KEGS) of beer!

▪ We ate 20 wild boars thanks to Master Chef, Patrick Clark.

▪ We gave 200+ kids an opportunity to race and be winners.

▪ And, we utilized our local National Mountain Bike Patrol who provided 450 volunteer hours of event stewardship and trail safety patrol.

Special thanks to Marin Bikes, CLIF Bar, CamelBak, and Mike's Bikes - local companies who were incredibly supportive of Ales and Trails - Benefit for IMBA in Northern California.

We look forward to your continued support of IMBA's great work in Northern California.

Cheers,

Rachael Lopes, Hilride, Ales and Trails Event Director
    [email protected]

Laurel Harkness, IMBA Regional Director, Central & Northern California
    [email protected]

Sad to see it go. It was a fantastic event.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Wow, that is a huge bummer! I guess I can stop checking the website for this years date.....

I volunteered the last 3 years and It always seemed like a very successful event and had a real good turnout, I really wonder why they would pull the plug.

I wonder how they are "changing things up" this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma View Post
    Sonoma County will be hosting their first Ciclovia (open streets) in Roseland on August 9, 2015 from 11-3pm along Sebastopol Rd, from Dutton to Stony Point.

There will be more info soon at Sonoma County Roseland Ciclovía | Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
    No offense intended, but I never ride there after dark or without a few other people.

Should call it the "Tour de Tweeker"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoadsc View Post
    I got a note to my inbox from IMBA California saying that they will no longer be doing an Ales and Trails this year:
    Oh no! Ales and Trails was one of the ones I was trying to remember. Well that stinks!