12 Hours of Weaverville Course Map- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

12 Hours of Weaverville Course Map

12 Hours of Weaverville, Saturday May 27, Weaverville, CA

Here's the course map for those wanting to pre-ride. Please don't park at or ride through the high school prior to race day.

We have team categories for 4-rider teams, 3-rider teams, 2-rider teams and solos.

This is the first race of the 4-race Team Bigfoot Solo Cup series for solos in every category. It's simple, we add up your miles for all the races (12 Hours of Weaverville, 12 Hours of Humboldt, Whiskeytown Nine to Five) throughout the season and at the final event in October we award championships trophys (see photo) in every category. We had some close battles among the solos in '05 with some category winners taking the gold by only a lap! Fun stuff! For '06 we're including one more event, Oregon's 12 Hours of Willamette Pass.

Bigfoot
    www.teambigfoot.net
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I just woke up from a little nap after riding the course today. Man, this is going to be a great event. The fireroad climb has many, many great views, and the singletrack from post 43 to post 18 rivals the best I've come across anywhere. Add the rolling singletrack near the end, and you almost want to do laps without the race!

For any others considering pre-riding on your own: That map printed poorly for me, but still worked well with the exception of the hillclimb. We parked at the small lot @ posts 6/7 and rode up the Weaver Bally Road. Along the way there are quite a few more roads which fork off both to the right and left (most weren't on that map). There are also quite a few "private propperty" signs spray painted on the trees... Just keep on the main gravel road and keep plugging until ~2.6 miles from the parking lot. You'll pass a large intersection from a 4x4 trail and ride ~0.1 mile further where you see post 34 on the right. You'll have to go around a closed gate, but from there on, there were well marked posts at trail intersections with arrows telling you where to go... The mileages on the posts were also dead on with my cyclecomputer...

190lbs of climber
    Is the course different from last year? The climb appears the same, but I don't remember where all of the singletrack downhill was last year.
    ye' old trailblog: www.most-excellent-adventures.com THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

It looks the exact same to me.

Yes that single track is a blast. But as I remember around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, the last thing I was doing was looking at the view from the fire road. One stretch becomes very exposed and was very hot. Not saying this isn't a great course, its actually one of my favorite endurance races.

mtbr member

New question here. Don't remember the singletrack.....???

Menso,

Same course as it's always been. On the map the from the point in the upper right where the "28" is, all the way back to Weaver Bolly Road is all singletrack or narrow narrow double track. So it's a three mile fireroad climb, one mile of flat/slightly downhill fireroad at the top, then singletrack all the way back.

I know it was hot and maybe you went delirious, but I can't understand how anyone could forget that singletrack! It's some of the most fun stuff I've ridden. Maybe you stopped at the "special" rest stop near the top of the climb??

PICS: Jay Chung rails a singletrack berm, Russ Robinson on the climb, just below the "Green Gate."

Bigfoot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0