mtbr member

+1 for Mendocino Coast + Nugjug

I finally made it out to the Mendocino coast to meet w/ my gracious host and guide, Jesse (Nugjug). We started our ride from his driveway and ended up logging a good 25+ miles of dirt and nearly 4000' of climbing. I was amazed by the extent of the trail network- and that it continues to expand with the hard work of MCC members.

These guys have something special going on up North, and it only looks like it's going to get better. They're sitting on a veritable goldmine of possibility. Some of my favorites from yesterday's ride were Endo-Speedo, Fury III, and there was a trail that dropped into the Caspar Creek basin w/ some nice little jumps and waterbar go arounds that could easily be turned into some sweet hip jumps (hint, hint). I'm looking forward to Spring 2012 to head North again for some riding, and hopefully some building/digging with the good folks of Mendo!

I made a short video showing off some of the stuff we rode yesterday. Come Spring, I think we're going to try and put together a much more polished video (with a lot less POV).

Jackson Demonstration Forest on pinkbike.com

mtbr member
    May 2009

Second that

I went up for the fat tire festival and found the MCC members as inviting as the trails. I'm planning another trip up there.

Nugjug was kind enough to let me sleep in the driveway

nice video

mtbr member
    May 2009

Second that

I went up for the fat tire festival and found the MCC members as inviting as the trails. I'm planning another trip up there.

Nugjug was kind enough to let me sleep in the driveway

nice video

mtbr member
    video of trails looks promising.
    in your strava tracks, roughly how much single track did you ride? thanks

mtbr dismember

3rd that!

Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    I finally made it out to the Mendocino coast to meet w/ my gracious host and guide, Jesse (Nugjug).
    I 3rd that! In June Nugjug took me on the longest ride I've ever done, 49 miles! I wish Mendocino weren't so far away for me.

Proud lame eBiker
    NugJug for President!!!!! The dude abides for sure! ha

As far as how many miles of singeltrack? Probably easier to talk about length of fire roads....whihc would be about 3miles worth.

I'm headed up over Turkey vacation, Wednesday night-riday night. Hope to get at least 2o miles in.

NugJug to the white courtesy phone please! ;-)
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf View Post
    I 3rd that! In June Nugjug took me on the longest ride I've ever done, 49 miles! I wish Mendocino weren't so far away for me.

OK, quick question. How do you get photos to POP like that??
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamdman1976 View Post
    video of trails looks promising.
    in your strava tracks, roughly how much single track did you ride? thanks
    I'm guessing around 15 miles, and there's a lot more that we didn't cover.

Trail Gnome
    Where is Jesse these days?

Proud lame eBiker
    Got a girl. Got a tandem. Still riding. But he's helping to manage a local organic farms these days so that cuts deep into ride time.

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    Got a girl. Got a tandem. Still riding. But he's helping to manage a local organic farms these days so that cuts deep into ride time.
    Thanks for the update. He used to be active on here but, now the only one who chimes in is Roo. I need to get back to Mendo.

Proud lame eBiker
    Hey Griz....come on up! There's usually a club-ish ride happening Tuesday, Friday, and Sundays starting around 10am and a few different start locations.

Best way to get in touch with us up here is by joining the club, a measly $20, here: Join the Club | Mendocino Coast Cyclists and that's get you the ability to get signed on to the listserve by going here: Join the Club | Mendocino Coast Cyclists

The website is building a google calendar now that will have the latest ride locations and start times and members will be able to see when those, and other events are happening.

If all else fails and you're a Facebook user you can check out the club page there: https://www.facebook.com/Mendocino-C...82447/?fref=ts

And if allll that fails, post up here on this thread as that's how I came back to it because I got a note that someone had posted on the thread. So post up when you're coming and I'll see if I can get you the info you're looking for.

Cheers!

Trail Gnome
    Thanks. I'm aware of the Club. I have family in Mendo...I usually ride with A couple locals when I'm there.