worth it?- Mtbr.com

Thread: worth it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

worth it?

I currently have BB5s and I'd like to updgrade. Any thoughts on the following would be much appreciated:

1.) Is it 'worth' upgrading to BB7's? Do they have better power and modulation, or is it just that they're easier to adjust?
    2.) I was thinking about BB7s with new cables and rotors which would be the same price ( roughly ) as, say,Ride ( Stroker?) without new cables and rotors. Thoughts?

the giant.
    dont worry about getting new rotors. the ones you have now will work just fine. you can get just a bb7 caliper on ebay or some place like that. your cables will be fine as well (unless they feel very mushy) and maybe get avid speed dial 7 levers. i ran that combo for a while and it was amazing. but then i went hydro. but bb7 is worth getting.

and also think about just getting just a caliper to put on the front. and keep the bb5 in the back. the bb5 has more than enough power for the rear, and with the bb7 on the front, you got your self a cheap brake upgrade with plenty of power.

mtbr member
    I went from bb5 to Deore LX. I can't say well enough how much better they are.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Members who have read this thread: 0