Upgrade to Juicy 7?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Upgrade to Juicy 7?

I'm considering to upgrade my bike to disc brakes (juicy 7). Unfortunately, my
    bike shop has not other alternatives on stock (however they can be ordered).
    Also, the alternaitves such formula oro etc. have a different price level.
    Despite the recent discussion about problems with Juicy 7, do you think it will
    be a good upgrade? Or should I stay away from them?

mtbr member
    What type of riding are you doing? and what is your budget? If price is a concern I think the best value I've seen are the '07 Shimano XTR brakes on chainreactioncycles.com, I think they also ship free on them. I much prefer the XTR to the Juicy range! I just bought Formula though and they are the best brakes I've ever tried!!!

ride hard take risks
    If you are looking for excellent feel & feedback, modulation, check out the Stroker Trails, very sweet.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    well i can help you out like this. My friend currently has v-brakes on his and he is ordering juicy 7's today. Once he gets them and puts them on.. I will tell you if that price is worth it or not. I have the BB7's, so we can do a little comparison for you. Just give me a few days to get back to you....if that is any help. Another friend has Juicy 7's on his DEMO and I love the way his feel/react and everything else about them.

Members who have read this thread: 0