Trouble setting up Speed Dial 7 levers. Help!- Mtbr.com
    Mountain Man Dan

Trouble setting up Speed Dial 7 levers. Help!

Hey. This may sound like a dumb question. But I just got some speed dial 7 levers to replace the stock avid levers. So far I got the new levers on, the cable connected to the lever. Screwed out the barrel adjuster to where it was on the stock levers. and these levers don't even grab. So I adjusted the inboard pad adjuster, it grabs a little bit the disc rubs. So I went to align the calipers and I can't even get the rotor to go in the middle because the outboard pad won't go out that far to push the rotor in the middle because the lever hits the grip.

Does this mean I have to loosen the anchor bolt and pull some more cable through then tighten it and try again?

Thanks. They are BB5 brakes.
    Last edited by ProjectDan35; 12-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Does this mean I have to loosen the anchor bolt and pull some more cable through then tighten it and try again?
    Yes!

Mountain Man Dan
    Ok! I got the front to where it grabs where I like it. The rotor rubs a little bit in various places. But the wheel rotates quite a few times before it stops. I guess that should wear in. Now time for the back. grrr.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectDan35
    Probably, but since you've also messed with the calipers, I'd suggest you just start over. Download the manuals for the brakes and levers from the SRAM/Avid site http://www.sram.com/en/service/ and just set them up as though everything is newly installed.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

Members who have read this thread: 0