Tektro Auriga Comp parts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Tektro Auriga Comp parts

I need to repair the lines on my Tektro Auriga Comp brakes. Does anybody know were I can get the ferrels or what size they are?

Thanks
    Tim

On wuss patrol
    You could try the Tektro website--perhaps they have a tech help hotline and can either sell you what you need direct or give you leads on a parts supplier. However, in my limited experience with the Tektro brakes formerly on my GT Marathon, I did not find a lot of parts availability online when I was trying to locate new levers. Tektros Auriga Comps are mostly an OEM entry level item and about the best I could locate was entire new assemblies from Jenson USA. They have new OEM takeoffs that they will sell you for about $50.00 a wheel. You then have a whole assembly to pull parts from.

I was not happy with the Tektro's propensity for levers popping out of the piston assembly with easy bumps/crashes and then not finding parts easily so I replaced them with Juicy Fives. You can see my review as well as others in the Products Review: Disc Brake System of this website.

Members who have read this thread: 0