Tektro Auriga Comp ferrule/barb stuck!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Tektro Auriga Comp ferrule/barb stuck!

Help! Im replacing the hose on my front Auriga Comp. After undoing the retaining bolt the hose did not want to come out. After much pushing/pulling/cursing the hose came out...well most of it...leaving some hose inner, the barb and ferrule inside the body.

Now i cant remove them.

I have sent an email to Tektro because the brakes have never been messed with and have seem very little use since new (over a year now).

Can anyone offer some advice?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Looks like Tektro may have saved me some money here:

"We are sorry to cause you any dispointed about Auriga comp but it should be just a special case to be an un-regular issue. We can send you a new lever (assembled with resevoir body) for replacement. Please give me your address and what color for which side (right or left hand). I also will include ferrule and insert for assembly."

Lets hope it arrives in a timely manner!

mtbr member
    May 2018

Same issue

Bought brand new set and for me it happened on the caliper side. I had to tear the hose off and still can't get the ferrule out of it. I was changing from black hoses to white. I ended up buying a new caliper, luckily found one on eBay.
    The ferrule got stuck behind the threads, it looks like it was over torqued maybe.
    I got a new levers and was wondering if anyone knew if you can use tektro style fittings on Shimano levers, or is that a no-no?

Members who have read this thread: 7