Suggestions to replace rear Magura Marta SL- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Suggestions to replace rear Magura Marta SL

Going on 6 months with my bike, and I need my rear brake serviced (bleed) for the 3rd time. It loses pressure, guess it's getting air in the system. The last time I had it to the shop for service, I asked them to look it over real well since it was twice in 3 months. The tech said he couldn't see anything that could be causing an issue.... suggested not to flip the bike over as the Marta's are somewhat prone to getting air in the system if flipped.

I was real careful, store bike in a work-stand and don't recall ever flipping for trail service. So I'm thinking on cutting my loses and replacing the rear. I like the way they grip and feel, so if anyone can offer a suggestion on similar brakes, I would be grateful.

Thanks, Scott

MEGALOMANIAC
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpinnacle
    Going on 6 months with my bike, and I need my rear brake serviced (bleed) for the 3rd time. It loses pressure, guess it's getting air in the system. The last time I had it to the shop for service, I asked them to look it over real well since it was twice in 3 months. The tech said he couldn't see anything that could be causing an issue.... suggested not to flip the bike over as the Marta's are somewhat prone to getting air in the system if flipped.

I was real careful, store bike in a work-stand and don't recall ever flipping for trail service. So I'm thinking on cutting my loses and replacing the rear. I like the way they grip and feel, so if anyone can offer a suggestion on similar brakes, I would be grateful.

Thanks, Scott
    Have you contacted Magura USA, yet? They have a great warranty coverage program. They are very nice to work with.

I would go with another Marta SL caliper if I were you...
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    I agree replace caliper...nothing works better than Marta SL when they are tight!
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Members who have read this thread: 0