Straitline levers, thumbs up!- Mtbr.com
    luddite

Straitline levers, thumbs up!

Not a shill for Straitline, just a guy who needed to buy new lever blades for his Juicy 5 brakes.

I broke my stock Avid lever blades and picked up a set of red ano Straitline levers for a decent price as a replacement. It turns out they make a really noticeable performance difference (for the better). I would not have though that lever blades could matter so much, I never considered my J5 stock lever blades lacking in any way and would not have "upgraded" except for the broken stock part.

Straitlines seem to feel more sensitive to my input and are require less force to actuate. The exact same brakes seem a lot more powerful (though I know that mechanically this can't really be true).

No, I have never tried Dangerboy or any other aftermarket lever blade. Just this one experience, that's all. Definitely not worth the money to upgrade a brake that is working fine. But if you have an excuse to buy new blades, you might consider these.
    Last edited by MadCowRider; 05-18-2010 at 02:00 PM.

dirtbag
    Reviving an old thread...

I finally got around to installing the Straitline levers that I bought months ago. Install on my Juicy 5 brakes was really easy. I love the shape of the levers, great for two or one finger braking. It's a nice bling piece on the bike. Now thinking about getting another set for my Hope brakes on the other bike. Good sh1t!
    Amolan

Members who have read this thread: 0