Shimano Hoses?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Shimano Hoses?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Shimano Hoses?

I have just purchased a set of Deore hydraulic brakes and I need to get the proper hose kit for them. I believe that any levers will work with any Shimano system but I am unsure about the hoses. I have seen the diagrams on Shimanos web site and it looks like any hose kit will work but i would like to be sure before I buy one. The hose kit recommended for the Deore is a part number SM-BH59 and the only kit I can find on line is part number SM-BH62. Anything to help me with this problem would be great, thank you!

mtbr member
    Which Deore's do you have? Here's the compatibility chart from Shimano...

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...nation.pdf.pdf
    Get over it!

MTBR Demi-God
    Apr 2006
    SM-BH62 is generally used with XT calipers- and I believe that they come with o-ring seals, and I dont think Deores takes in oring hoses. But it really depends on the model of caliper that you have listed-

If you have a BR-M555, then you can use BH62/63
    If you have a BR-M555M then you need BH60/61
    for BR-M525, you need a BH59

And as for getting the BH59 hose, check this: http://store.airbomb.com/ItemDesc.asp?IC=BR8584
    Last edited by anirban; 12-12-2006 at 07:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have the M535 so the BH-59 hose kit is the kit i need. Thank you very much for clearing all of this up for me! Also thanks for the web site, that is the cheapest I have seen cable kits yet.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Actually the calipers and hoses are interchangeable... the only real dependency is between hose connector and lever, but if you want to be completely safe you can go by the info in the table below (http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...nation.pdf.pdf)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Meh.
    Any Shimano hose will work really. What fitting you need will depend on the lever. Your shop should have a Shimano small parts kit with all the approriate fittings.

mtbr member
    What's the difference between BH-61 and BH-63 hose kits? I'm looking to match up Saint calipers (m-800) with Deore levers (M-525). I already know the BH-63 will work with this combo but will the BH-61 work as well.

toby

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees
    What's the difference between BH-61 and BH-63 hose kits? I'm looking to match up Saint calipers (m-800) with Deore levers (M-525). I already know the BH-63 will work with this combo but will the BH-61 work as well.

toby
    According to this pdf the BH-61 uses a 0 degree fitting at the lever, so it should work with the m.525 levers ...

Members who have read this thread: 0