Shimano bleeding tool- Mtbr.com
    Oji
    Jun 2008

Shimano bleeding tool

Just out of curiosity, what does the special "shop" quality Shimano bleeding tool do? I'm not prone to buying one given the steep cost, but wonder what it accomplishes and how.

Cliff

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I don't know the answer to your question, but Shimano bleed holes can be model specific, I would recommend to check the compatibility first.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twangcat
    Just out of curiosity, what does the special "shop" quality Shimano bleeding tool do? I'm not prone to buying one given the steep cost, but wonder what it accomplishes and how.

Cliff
    On Shimano brakes that the tool is compatible with, I find it speeds up the bleeding process, as well, keeps the oil spillage down to a minimum (if properly affixed).

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by twangcat

Cliff

Cheapest bleed tool for Shimano go to the drug store get a syringe and a piece of tubing that fits over the bleed bolt....

Open the reservoir, fill the syringe with oil, open the bleed bolt insert the tubing, gently push the oil up through the brake system, watch the bubbles come out in the resevoir.

If the reservoir gets full suck some oil from the reservior and re inject it if it is clean....

Members who have read this thread: 0