rack admirer

sensible magura economics

I am running a set of 2000 Louises since new. Second frame. I have always felt that the front wasn't powerful enough, and have never had an issue with the back. For a while, I have been craving a new setup, but the $300-400 hurdle for new Louises or Martas have held me out. I came across a good deal on a New Louise Front ONLY. I can go to a 210 front, and keep the 6 y.o. rear and have super stopping. The levers may feel different despite both having reach adjust. Anything that I am missing? Brakes will go on a 2005 Racer X 100, 2000 Z-1 4" fork.
    Thanks a million for your input.
    MCM # 57

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo
    I am running a set of 2000 Louises since new. Second frame. I have always felt that the front wasn't powerful enough, and have never had an issue with the back. For a while, I have been craving a new setup, but the $300-400 hurdle for new Louises or Martas have held me out. I came across a good deal on a New Louise Front ONLY. I can go to a 210 front, and keep the 6 y.o. rear and have super stopping. The levers may feel different despite both having reach adjust. Anything that I am missing? Brakes will go on a 2005 Racer X 100, 2000 Z-1 4" fork.
    Thanks a million for your input.
    No you're not missing anything Magoo. As the front brake does the most work anyway (or you should make it do the most work!) then this makes sense especially when you're not happy with its power anyway. That bigger rotor (would you really need one that big?) would make a world of difference.

Sure the levers will feel different but I've never subscribed to this being a "problem" even though many people have mentioned it over the years. I've got the freakin ultimate in f/r brake feel differential - my road going fixy with a front rim brake and a back-pedal fixed gear. Beat that! I just apply both brakes and get the job done. And so will you.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilders with information and motivation.

rack admirer

thanks

thanks for you input, Mike
    MCM # 57

Members who have read this thread: 0