Are Saint M810 4 Pot calipers compatible with 2009 XT M775 Levers/Master Cylinders?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Are Saint M810 4 Pot calipers compatible with 2009 XT M775 Levers/Master Cylinders?

Hi All,

I'm thinking I want a little more braking up front, so I'm thinking about switching to the Saint M810 4 Pot brakes up there. I already have a set of M775 XT's and I don't want to have to spend more $ to replace the levers if they are compatible. Plus I like the look of the XT's better (gold doesn't work on my current build).

Frankly, the the levers/MCs look exactly the same in terms of form and function, with the only discernible difference I can see being the colors used.

I can see that the Saint caliper uses a banjo bolt at the caliper unlike the XT, but I should be able to terminate an XT hose with the banjo bolt to match the Saint.....I think.

Can anyone tell me if they are compatible? Anyone run this setup before?

Thanks

mtbr member
    It should work as most Shimano levers/MCs and calipers are compatible. You'll need to run a set of BH-63 hoses with the banjo fitting.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Thanks for the response. I found Shimano America's tech support line today. They did indeed confirm that I could run the Levers/MCs with the calipers. They said the pressure would be correct with the M810 and XT lever, though they just advised that I terminate the current hose with Banjo bolt (Shimano Part# Y8H098010).

From your post it sounds like I actually need a new hose (Part# BH-63) that is already terminated with the Banjo bolt. Is that correct? Is there any way to terminate my current hoses with a new Banjo bolt or is that not possible/not adviseable?

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by longdrive55
    Thanks for the response. I found Shimano America's tech support line today. They did indeed confirm that I could run the Levers/MCs with the calipers. They said the pressure would be correct with the M810 and XT lever, though they just advised that I terminate the current hose with Banjo bolt (Shimano Part# Y8H098010).

From your post it sounds like I actually need a new hose (Part# BH-63) that is already terminated with the Banjo bolt. Is that correct? Is there any way to terminate my current hoses with a new Banjo bolt or is that not possible/not adviseable?

Thanks again.
    You can use this or this plus the bolt, pretty quick and simple. Might but cheaper to buy the hose kit
    Last edited by Ratt; 12-10-2009 at 12:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i run the saint 810 caliper up front also and use just a regular 'ole deore lever/mc with the BH-63 hose. works awesome !

i highly suggest you get a new rotor so the pads will bed in correctly

happy trails
    Racerick
    "The older I get, the faster I was"

Members who have read this thread: 0