Rotors, any to avoid?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Rotors, any to avoid?

Bit of a retrogrouch and my latest build is disc equipped. I'll be fitting Hope C2's and was looking for rotors. Now ebay and a few other places have some rather nice aftermarket jobs quite cheap too. Are they any good? The ashima ones I've heard of before, any others out there? Should the 'cheap' ring alarm bells, | mean its only brakes

...idios...
    C2s have a fairly wide brake track, so you need to be aware whether the pads are going to be contacting the rotor arms on non-standard rotors. Too much pad contacting the arms can cause unwanted noises and vibrations under braking. Do you already have the brakes?

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hi Steve, brakes are in transit. Do you have any recommendations for C2's? Never considered the track size(which I should have because someone mentioned this in a post to me before).

...idios...
    Any reason why you don't want to just use the C2 rotors? CRC still have them in stock.
    I think you're going to have to wait until you have the brakes and measure the width of the track, then take it from there.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK
    Any reason why you don't want to just use the C2 rotors? CRC still have them in stock.
    I think you're going to have to wait until you have the brakes and measure the width of the track, then take it from there.

Ah, cool didn't realise they were still made that does help a bit. I should learn that ebay doesn't have everything

Members who have read this thread: 0