Question for the Formula guys- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Question for the Formula guys

This is a question about the Formula brakes (specifically the Oro K24s) that I'm frequently asked, and have no good answer for.

If Formula brakes are made in Italy, why do they have the Canadian maple leaf on them?

mtbr member
    Because those brakes are delivered as OEM brakes only to Rocky Mountain (Canadian brand). You won't find these retail in the shop, unless they were taken off a Rocky Mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Exactly, they are take off parts from rocky mountains

mtbr member
    Ironic, the first set I bought went onto a Rocky Mountain Slayer. I bought both on ebay from a bike shop in CO. Got them for a smokin price, but OEM packaging (which is fine with me).

Thanks for the info.

mtbr member

rocky mountain cyclery has crazy deals

that is the same place i got my white oro k24's. that guy has incredible deals. looking at a fsa orbit mx headset for my wife's frame as she wants a bright headset. doesn't seem to have the negative feedback like some of the other big bike part dealers on ebay. highly recommended if anyone is looking for parts.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I got both my sets from them. Insanely good prices. I got the entire setup, front/back plus rotors and mounting kit for less that most places are selling a single wheel setup without the rotors. Can't beat that with a stick. That's why I bought a 2nd set when I built my Niner RIP 9.

Members who have read this thread: 0