QR lever side?- Mtbr.com

Thread: QR lever side?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

QR lever side?

Hi,

I've just been reading the installation sheet for Magura Martas, and it says (in bold type!!) to mount the QR on the non rotor side of the wheel (ie RHS).

Does it matter if its on the LHS....the bike came with the brakes installed as standard and the QR was fitted on the LHS. Just wondering if i should swap it over. (??does this apply to rear as well?)

Thanks in advance

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    Hi,

I've just been reading the installation sheet for Magura Martas, and it says (in bold type!!) to mount the QR on the non rotor side of the wheel (ie RHS).

Does it matter if its on the LHS....the bike came with the brakes installed as standard and the QR was fitted on the LHS. Just wondering if i should swap it over. (??does this apply to rear as well?)

Thanks in advance
    I suspect the primary reason they tell you to do that is so that if you ever need to operate the QR lever after the bike has been ridden you don't run the risk of burning your hand on a hot brake rotor.

Karl

neutiquam erro
    Yeah, Karl shacked it. That and they don't want you accidently mashing into the rotor if you slip pressing down the QR, or somehow using it for leverage.

It shouldn't matter what side the QR is on if you are careful. I like having it on the drive side up front to avoid that rotor buffoonery, but I find the QR handle too much of a pain on the drive side in the back (too much interference with the RD taking the wheel on and off), so I keep the QR on the non-drive side in the rear.

To each their own.

Cheers, Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0