Pad swapping...just curious- Mtbr.com
    Low Rep Count

Pad swapping...just curious

Now that the weather has changed and I stuck my Nevagals on my nicer wheels I have come to realization that I should have stuck them on my stock wheels and just hung my nicer ones up for the year. In any case, both sets of wheels are disc. I also have two sets of pads so swaping those out won't be an issue either.

I am just wondering if when swapping between wheel sets if you guys are changing pads as well. I am planning on sticking some lighter rotors on my nicer wheels over the winter and I know that pads tend to wear in with whatever rotors you are using so I am just wondering if during the summer when I am on my nicer wheels if I end up going out in some foul weather if I should consider swapping my pads at the same time as well.

Just curious what you guys are doing.

I'm just messing with you
    I've gone back and forth with wheels for the past year without changing pads to match. No problems so far. FWIW, both wheelsets have the same brand and size rotors mounted on them.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Low Rep Count
    Right now that is the case in that they both have Avids but I am going to a new set of KCNC rotors that while flat of course, have a different profile to them.

I am fine for the winter if you will and probably most of the summer but I'm sure the time will come when I swap out my wheels for one reason or another. I guess it wouldn't be that bad to swap them all since it probably wont be a normal occurance.

Members who have read this thread: 0