Other Rotors with Elixirs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Other Rotors with Elixirs

Hey Guys,
    Looking to replace my G3 Rotors, has anyone had better success with other brand rotors. Thinking maybe the Marta SL rotors? I'm running 180/160.
    adam michigan karate monkey

T.W.O.
    I'm using Shimano, Magura, and hope with my Avids, works well, less noise too.

mtbr member
    Running an XTR centerlock rotor out back, Cleansweep X on the front w/ Elixir R's. Back brake is silent. Front gobbles, I don't mind the gobble though. At speed it turns from a gobble into one of the coolest mechanical sounds around...kind of a buzz.

Had to file off about 1/2 mm of non functional material from the bottom of the caliper so it wouldn't interfere w/ the XTR spider. It was no big deal, about 10 seconds with a Dremel.

Never trust a fart
    I'm running an Alligator rotor up front and a G3 clean sweep on the back. I went from 180mm rotors F/R to 180/160mm F/R. Too much brake on the rear wheel.

For the front I just used a Shimano 180mm caliper adapter. The rear, stuck with the Avid stuff.

Lucky Flyer
    avid rotors are 185. most others are 180. I filed down my avid 185 adapter by 2.5 mm. It works. I hate avid (turkey gobble) rotors. I like alagator seration and iwave. better to find a deal on a brand other than avid. they are too much trouble. $ .02

Members who have read this thread: 0