Obscure Elixir Question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Obscure Elixir Question

I have a set of Elixir R's. The front has a red adjustable banjo, and the rear doesn't. Does this mean I have a 2009 front and a 2008 rear?

This is interesting because my rear squeals, but my front does not. If the front is a 2009, does that explain why only one brake has problems?

Thanks,

es

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr
    I have a set of Elixir R's. The front has a red adjustable banjo, and the rear doesn't. Does this mean I have a 2009 front and a 2008 rear?

This is interesting because my rear squeals, but my front does not. If the front is a 2009, does that explain why only one brake has problems?

Thanks,

es

If they are both R's then you got two different years. The squealing has nothing to do with the years and is more a function of the rear mounting and harmonics that come into play.
    "Do not touch the trim"

SoCal mtbr
    I hve the exact oposite of your setup. My front Elixir R's don't have the banjo and my rear does. At first I thought this was just a front and rear specific but later found out that the Banjo fitted caliper is the newer version of the Elixir R's...Wanna trade? lol j/k!

BTW: My front is quiet and my rear is quiet most of the time with a slight squeal oncein a while but nothing big.

Members who have read this thread: 0