Newbe qu: Where to find brake boss for my Cannondale M500?- Mtbr.com
    Ilsa

Newbe qu: Where to find brake boss for my Cannondale M500?

* Edited to correct missing part name.

I just bought a used Cannondale M500 that needs a little brake work. Specifically, one of the rear bosses are missing. My LBS says it's not the standard type that he knows how to find. He doesn't really deal with Cannondales so he's just being lazy basically. He showed me the issue. The thread pitch and size are not what he carries. Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct rear boss for the M500? It's a mainstream bike so I wouldn't think it would be that hard. Thanks!

By the way, I'm new here, my first post, and I did try searching prior to this, so be easy on me. Thanks.
    Last edited by mrnvgtr; 12-05-2009 at 12:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I think a bike shop is still your answer, but a good one that also does cannondale. They will have the resources to find the bit that you want, and also be able to order it from the cannondale distributor if that is required
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

Ilsa
    Well I called the two Cannondale dealers closest to me (over an hour away) and neither of them would help. They just offered me to come by and try out the few unidentified bosses they had in a drawer next to the register. They couldn't help with part numbers either because Cannondale has switch ownership several times over the years, making parts difficult to source. I chuckled inside, but didn't want to push the issue any further with the dude over the phone.

Members who have read this thread: 0