New rotors for BB7 calipers?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New rotors for BB7 calipers?

I feel as if I am not getting as much power out of my BB7s as I could, and I am tired of dealing with brake squeal. I am running Avid Ultimate brake levers and Jagwire Ripcord brake cable, 185mm rotor front, 160mm rotor rear. I am currently using Avid G2 Clean Sweep rotors. I ordered these rotors to replace a warped set of Avid rotors, but this set was also warped out of the packaging.

At this point I am considering yet another new set of rotors (as I doubt the warped rotors can be trued), and would perhaps like to try something different. Has anybody had bad luck with Avid rotors being warped? What replacement rotors should I consider? Just looking for flat rotors that stop well. Happy to pay a bit of a premium for nicer hardware, but want to avoid spending more than $100 on new rotors.

Thanks.

What could go wrong ...
    rotors are pretty easy to straighten out with an adjustable wrench, just fold a business card over the rotor so you dont scratch it up ... id try that before buying more rotors
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    yep. any good shop should have the tools to get them within .05mm cheap and fast. bring yer wheels with rotors mounted.
    No, I'm NOT back!

achiever
    It took a VERY long time for my clean sweep/BB7 combo to quiet down. And the clean sweeps weren't anywhere near true out of the package...

Have you tried EBC Organic pads yet?

Members who have read this thread: 0