Need help QUICK!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Need help QUICK!

Heading to Moab this weekend and have issue I need help with.

Just bought some used wheels, came today, pull them out of the box and they are centerlock instead of ISIS 6bolt mount!!! I never even noticed in the pics and the add never mentioned it either...I feel stupid for not noticing. The other issue is I have a Hope Mono 6ti brakes with an adapter up front running a Formula 220mm rotor. There are no options for a centerlock rotor that will match. Has anyone used this adapter: http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/141...T)-Adapter.htm

Will this work for me? In the description it specifically says will not work with Hope Mono 2005 rotor or rotors bigger than 203mm!!! I have no clue what year my rear rotor is as I bought the bike with them already on.

HELP! I need this fixed ASAP!!!
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The other option I have is to rebuild using my hubs from my spare wheels. They are the same hubs I believe...440 same as the FR2350 hub? Looks exactly the same.
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

I'm just messing with you
    I dunno squat about that adapter, but I'd say the reason they limit the rotor diameter is to not over torque the nubs on the back side, that fit in the bolt holes. It'd sure suck to strip that loose at exactly the moment you need brakes the most.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Members who have read this thread: 0