Nashbar disc's-any good?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Nashbar disc's-any good?

I am in the process of building up an inexpensive singlespeed and was looking at the Nashbar disc brakes. Unfortunately there are not any reviews, so I was hoping someone may be able to provide a little feedback on these. I realize they would not be on par with Avid, Hayes, etc., but would they do a reasonable job for a commuter/trail bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Let me bump this one also, as I have a couple of frames I would like to eventually build into complete bikes. -GT2005

ballbuster

Maybe check out....

Quote Originally Posted by BikePharmer
    I am in the process of building up an inexpensive singlespeed and was looking at the Nashbar disc brakes. Unfortunately there are not any reviews, so I was hoping someone may be able to provide a little feedback on these. I realize they would not be on par with Avid, Hayes, etc., but would they do a reasonable job for a commuter/trail bike?
    ... the $39 Avid BB5s that are floating around. I would go that way instead of some mystery brand brake.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    ... the $39 Avid BB5s that are floating around. I would go that way instead of some mystery brand brake.
    I seem to remember hearing that the Nashbars are Tecktros. I'd go with BB5s also.

Members who have read this thread: 0