My front break is making a loud squeeking sound ,- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014

My front break is making a loud squeeking sound ,

I ride a 2013 trek remedy 9.8 , I take the front wheel off everyonce in a while to transport it. I took my front wheel off, and put it back on my front fork, and now it is making and super loud squeaking noise. Is this bad? what do I do to fix/solve the problem
    Thank you,

Jesse
    Barrett

WillWorkForTrail
    Check the pad/rotor alignment. Is it dragging? Or is this happening when you apply the brakes? Do the brakes feel weaker than they did before they started making noise? If the pads are dragging, you'll have to spread them apart. They likely started because you pulled the brake lever while the wheel was off. If it's just making noise when you apply the brake and doesn't have the power it did before, you've contaminated the pads with something, either that got directly on them, or that got on the rotor, then the pads. This could really be as simple has you having touched the rotor, especially if you were sweaty at the time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    yeah i think its just the rotors are rubbing ? like if i do a wheelie the front wheel will spin then lock up? so should i get like a butter knife slip it in ther spread it then put my wheel on ?

WillWorkForTrail
    I wouldn't use a butter knife. Take the pads out and push the pistons back in with a large screw driver or something. It will require a bit of force, but apply that force gently. Remember, these are relatively precision bits of equipment.