Marzocchi disk brake adaptor- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Marzocchi disk brake adaptor

I installed a new set of Marzocchi Z1 forks on my Santa Cruz Chameleon. What adaptor do I need to install Avid BBD Mechanical discs on my Marzocchi Z1?

Thank in Advance

Freshly Fujified

Depends on model year

'06 and '07 require post mount, previous years take ISO.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Meh.
    If it's 20mm TA you either need a 20mm mount or space over the QR mount 5mm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Avid BB7 adapter for Older Z1 Bomber HELP

I'm just upgrading to disk brakes and have no clue. I've read many posts here about the BB7s and getting familiar with the product. However, I need to experience first hand from what most of the issues you've been having. I've inherited a set of the BB7s but my problem now is that I don't know which adapter I need for the front fork (199x ?? Zoke Z1 Bomber) which I believe has IS mounts and not post mounts. It's roughly 48mm on center from eyelet to eyelet. Which type of adapter do I need? Where can I get one? I couldn't decipher last post and ask if there is anyone that could help.

Thanks.

Meh.
    Is the front wheel a quick release? Or is it a 20mm thru-axle?

If you already have an existing adapter, you can just use that. If it's a QR, it'll bolt straight up. If the fork is a TA fork, you'll need to space it over 5mm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks. It's a QR. No adapter for it. All I have is the brake unit that would mount on posts. Everything below I don't have. Not sure if my fork is to old to find an adapter.
    Wish I knew how to post a picture.

Meh.
    Just go to your shop. I'm nearly certain it's a standard IS mount. They'll find the right one you need.

Members who have read this thread: 0