Marz 20mm adapter???- Mtbr.com
    Hard as nails

Marz 20mm adapter???

Alright I have obtained and possess many brake adapters from over the years - but I do not and can not find the adapter I need.

I am running the shimano 4 pots (51mm IS) and will be picking up an 09 Marz 888 WC which has 74mm post mounts. I have been searching the web and getting frustrated. I know someone out there knows where to get one.

HELP! I want to ride next weekend...
    Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.
    Henry David Thoreau

Hard as nails
    Ok I just found this thing:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/112...ke-Adapter.htm

Anyone ever use?
    Henry David Thoreau

mtbr member
    I think that is going the wrong way, (PM calipers to IS forks, when you want IS calipers to PM forks). For what you want you need to increase the rotor size by at least 10mm over the standard.

The trouble is that it looks like the 09 888s use a 203mm rotor as standard and I think this buggers up your chance of finding a bigger rotor.

Tim

Edit: this site was posted in another thread recently: http://www.a2zcomponents.com/02produ...dapter_03.html. If you can find the 220mm Hayes rotors the second adapter should work, although the outer edge of the pads will sit 1.5mm above the rotor.
    Last edited by Wombat; 06-05-2010 at 01:39 AM.

Hard as nails
    Thanks Wombat.
    Henry David Thoreau

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    I think that is going the wrong way, (PM calipers to IS forks, when you want IS calipers to PM forks). For what you want you need to increase the rotor size by at least 10mm over the standard.

The trouble is that it looks like the 09 888s use a 203mm rotor as standard and I think this buggers up your chance of finding a bigger rotor.

Tim

Edit: this site was posted in another thread recently: http://www.a2zcomponents.com/02produ...dapter_03.html. If you can find the 220mm Hayes rotors the second adapter should work, although the outer edge of the pads will sit 1.5mm above the rotor.
    the problem with the pads sitting higher is that when they wear down to that point the ridges formed on the pads will prevent the brakes from grabbing. if it uses a 203 as standard the youll need a new caliper because any adaptor will increase the rotor size needed

Members who have read this thread: 0