Magura Storm SL rotors on other systems?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Magura Storm SL rotors on other systems?

Has anyone installed the new Storm SL rotors on any other braking system other than those from Magura? I have some Hayes Stroker Carbons with the standard V6 rotors. I just have been seeing some great initial reviews on the new Storm SL rotors and wanted to know if anyone has had similar results with other systems.

Or if I should go the more expensive route and get some Avid XX rotors or the Hayes 2-piece (if they are much better than the V-6's) Both of those options are generally more expensive than the Storm SL rotors though.

If anyone has them yet, What is your set-up on systems other than from Magura? Pad type (metallic, semi-metallic, organic) Brake system, and manufacturer.

Thanks, Just trying to figure out what I want to get for my addiction next.

-Brett
    Visit my Youtube channel for lots of DH and XC videos!
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    I've ridden the Storm SL rotors with Magura XX brakes for about 2 months, and finally received today 2 new sets of Marta SL brakes. The XX pads are a little smaller than the braketrack of the rotor, while Marta SL pads make full contact. Brake power of the XX brakes went up by about 10%, perhaps due to the different rotor material. Money well spent, as the XX rotors are crap. They bent super easily, already had to replace my front rotor twice after about 1.5 months of usage. I only ride XC and never take my front wheel out (only in case I would have to change a tire).

I've ditched the XX brakes as the pistons get sticky all the time, and I'm really fed up with it.

mtbr member
    or you could get ashimas

The MTB Lab
    Quote Originally Posted by vizsladog
    or you could get ashimas
    Having used the AiRotors on Magura's for several years, the SL work better, might be due to them being engineered with the Magura system (especially the Louise size pads)? I haven't as yet tried the SL's on a different system as a cross reference point.

Members who have read this thread: 0