Magura Marta SL and Goodridge Braided Hoses- Mtbr.com
    KPH
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Magura Marta SL and Goodridge Braided Hoses

I would be grateful for some much needed advice and/or comments on my 'procedure' to make sure I have understood everything 100% - Some parts of the Goodridge instructions appear to be a bit confusing !! As I use my bike everyday I want to be sure that everything is covered before I start the work so that my bike doesn't end up being out of action.

I have purchased a set of Goodridge Braided Hoses (Goodridge Hose Kit 103 Magura - Hayes HFX-9 - Clear Hose M8 Swivel-M6 Male) and will fit these to the Magura Marta SL (2009) brakes that I'm running (on Yeti 575).

1. Equipment check
    Magura Marta SL and Goodridge Braided Hoses-goodridge-magura-connectors-key.jpg
    1.1 Magura Lever - M8 female thread
    1.2 Magura Calliper - M6 female thread
    1.3 Goodridge Lever fittings - parts - slide part C over part A (nut is nearest to threaded end), then screw D onto M5 male thread of A (with hose)
    1.4 Goodridge Calliper fittings - parts - use part B, and screw E onto M5 male thread of B (with hose)

2. Hose Preparation and installation at Calliper End (applies to Front and Rear)
    2.1 Using small, fine toothed blade hack saw, cut hose to correct length (exactly the same length as plastic hose being replaced). Ensure cut edges are clean and no contamination. (cable cutters are less than sharp!!).
    2.2 At end of the hose remove 11mm length of the clear plastic cover using sharp knife.
    2.3 [using part A] Push small end into centre bore of [inner] plastic hose and rotate 4 turns, ensuring correct alignment of fitting into end of hose. Remove by rotating anti-clockwise.
    2.4 [calliper end] Slide part E over braided hose, nut end last, and push along hose 5cm or so. To assist sliding part E onto braided hose, rotate the fitting as it is pushed on while feeding steel braid into it.
    2.5 Push part B into centre bore of hose, rotating clockwise by hand until smallest thread is full engaged and covered.
    2.6 Slide part E (already located on hose) up to fitting B, and engage M5 thread. Using 8mm spanner, tighten Part E onto part B until 1mm gap (between hex nuts). This clamps the hose into place.
    2.7 Thread M6 male into calliper body and tighten to 4 Nm

3. Hose Preparation and installation at Lever End (applies to Front and Rear)
    3.1 At end of the hose remove 11mm length of the clear plastic cover using sharp knife.
    3.2 [using part A] Push small end into centre bore of [inner] plastic hose and rotate 4 turns, ensuring correct alignment of fitting into end of hose. Remove by rotating anti-clockwise.
    3.3 [calliper end] Slide part D over braided hose, nut end last, and push along hose 5cm or so. To assist sliding part D onto braided hose, rotate the fitting as it is pushed on while feeding steel braid into it.
    3.4 Slide part C over part A (Hex nut last)
    3.5 Push assembled part A/C into centre bore of hose, rotating clockwise by hand until smallest thread is full engaged and covered.
    3.6 Tighten M8 male thread of assembled part A/C into lever body and tighten to 4Nm. Prior to tightening, ensure hose length is not deformed or twisted.
    3.7 Slide part D (already located on hose) up to fitting A/C, and engage M5 thread. Using 8mm spanner, tighten Part E onto part B until 1mm gap (between hex nuts). This clamps the hose into place.

END.

(The copper washer appears not to be required)

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Don't use cable cutters...use a razor blade. The Magura olive fitting also works on the Goodridge hose.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Members who have read this thread: 0