Magura Louise w/ AVID bb5 rotors?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Magura Louise w/ AVID bb5 rotors?

There is a friend selling some Magura Louise brakes for cheap, but he thrashed the rotors. I did some shopping and the rotors are terribly expensive, making it not a good deal at all. I am currently running bb5's...how will those rotors work with the louises? I know it is a big no-no to use the non-branded rotors, but how much of that is crap?

Thanks guys.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    you can use any rotor you want as long as the braking track is wide enough for the pads.... since Avid usually has a wide path..I'd say they should work.... however check that you have the right size adapter (or caliper if the calipers are IS), especially in the "mid size" ritors, since Magura has used 180 and 190mm rotors while Avid uses 185mm

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    2005 FR model at 180mm IS mount, rear is a 2006 at 160mm IS mount

What parts would I need to buy to fit them on a 2006MK III. 2006 BB5's on there now, both 6inch rotors. Front fork is a 2006 minute 3.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    seems like you have to get a new rotor for the front... as you will need to increase the rotor size to be able to add a PM-to-IS adapter (on top of the 180mm it already has, so probably 200 or 203mm rotor up front)... check the adapter compatibility in the magura website, to see what adapter might work.

Members who have read this thread: 0