lookin' for Hope parts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

lookin' for Hope parts

Anybody know where I can find an older ('05 or '06 model) post mount Mono Mini caliper?

...idios...
    The 9.74 (PM) Mono Mini calipers are scarce to say the least. Any reason why that specific caliper?

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I have the '05 Mono Mini's now and love them and got a newer 36 TALAS so now I need a post mount caliper. I'd rather replace just one front caliper than a set of brakes I really like.

...idios...
    The cheapest solution would be to buy the PM-IS adaptor and boost your rotor by 20mm, although since you really like your brakeset, I appreciate that this isn't an ideal solution. The next would be to buy an X2 caliper (around 60). I would, however, recommend that you contact Hope USA directly and ask if they have any 9.74 calipers left in stock. If they can fix you up, they will.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    SteveUK, Thanks for the suggestions. It's much appreciated. I have already purchased the adapter and am currently using it. It works great except that I occasionally swap in a 200mm rotor when I go DH riding and am no longer able to stick on a +20mm or a +40mm adapter as they are incompatible with the HBSM20H adapter. It would look kinda ghetto anyway with two adapters. I hadn't thought of trying to contact Hope directly. You're probably right, I'm sure they have spares for warranty exchange and stuff. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You'll likely have to keep searching. I traded my IS caliper for a PM caliper a while back with someone on MTBR, but neither hope usa or hope uk carried spares in the mono mini....i thought they would for warranty, but i guess they probably just trade up now...

Members who have read this thread: 0