mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Juicy Ultimate Piston Travel (x-post Turner and 29er)

I have a Superfly with Avid Juicy Ultimate breaks. On the front, the pads move in and out much less than on the rear when I squeeze and release the brake levers with the bike in the stand. This makes it very difficult and finicky to set the front brake's position perfect enough to prevent rubbing. Any ideas, or do I need to go the rebuild kit route?
    Whining is not a strategy.

I wanna go fast!
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    I have a Superfly with Avid Juicy Ultimate breaks. On the front, the pads move in and out much less than on the rear when I squeeze and release the brake levers with the bike in the stand. This makes it very difficult and finicky to set the front brake's position perfect enough to prevent rubbing. Any ideas, or do I need to go the rebuild kit route?
    Have you tried re-setting the pistons on the front? You might be able to push them back in some and they will be spaced further apart. Just an idea...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieXCRacer
    Have you tried re-setting the pistons on the front? You might be able to push them back in some and they will be spaced further apart. Just an idea...
    Good idea. Sadly, it didn't help.
    Whining is not a strategy.

Members who have read this thread: 0