I want to bend my Gustav levers...Xpost from DH/FR- Mtbr.com
    long standing member

I want to bend my Gustav levers...Xpost from DH/FR

The levers on my Gustavs don't quite have the range of reach adjustment that I would like for one-finger braking. I've read on here that some guys have bent the levers to the position they want. And that Magura actually recommends this to get the reach desired (not sure if this is actually true). I've got the long reach lever, which I like the length of, just not the distance from the grips.

So does anyone have any tips on how I can go about bending these levers? Can I do it with them still attached to the bike? Or should I pull them off and bend it with pliers? As you can see, I'm a little clueless here. Comments from anyone who has a clue are welcome. TIA.

And no, I don't want to "upgrade" to the shorty levers or Dangerboy levers right now, but thanks for the suggestion.

mtbr member
    See this thread on the Magura forum : http://www.support-english.magura.co...?showtopic=562

I highly doubt Magura would recommend heating and bending the levers, i know for a fact it will void your warranty.

But good luck with it!

There's no app for this.

For the OP, are you trying to get the levers

closer to the bars? If so, the fix is to disassemble the lever assembly and (gently) file down the pivot? knob that the lever compresses when you grab the lever. It takes time but it works.

Sorry, I forget the proper names of the internal parts.

Jim MCM #11

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    closer to the bars? If so, the fix is to disassemble the lever assembly and (gently) file down the pivot? knob that the lever compresses when you grab the lever. It takes time but it works.

Sorry, I forget the proper names of the internal parts.

Jim MCM #11
    Yeah, that's what I want to do. Noel gave me the heads up in my other post. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna give it a try this week.

Members who have read this thread: 0